Nadia Khan, Emily Stone, Hannah Barnhardt Named TVN’s Technology Women To Watch
TVNewsCheck will present its annual Women to Watch Award to Nadia Khan, chief marketing officer, LTN; Emily Stone, VP, digital content and LiveNOW, Fox Television Stations; and Hannah Barnhardt, COO of TMT Insights.
The awards will be presented at the NAB Show in Las Vegas on April 18 at 6 p.m.
“Nadia Khan’s development of a strategic marketing and communications plan, including digital, social media and demand-generation programs, drove sales while positioning LTN as an increasingly important technology provider to the media industry,” said TVNewsCheck Publisher and Co-Founder Kathy Haley. “Her brand integration of new verticals after LTN made four rapid-fire acquisitions sped up the company’s momentum, while she also developed a new market proposition and marketing strategy.”
Of Emily Stone, Haley said: “Her oversight of a complete overhaul of the Fox TV websites and apps resulted in a better user experience, while adding new features, such as the ability to watch live news from of the Fox markets on each station’s website. The integral role developing and expanding the streaming service LiveNOW from Fox, created an unfiltered look at live news breaking across the U.S.”
Of Hannah Barnhardt, Haley said: “Her development of a production and operational strategy for bringing to market a cloud-native, technology-agnostic operational management platform for media supply chain operational users created an important new option for content creators and distributors competing in a multimedia environment. Her earlier work, at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, helped to transform the company from a services business to a product and technology driven organization.”
TVNewsCheck’s Women in Technology Leadership Award recognizes women who have contributed substantially toward advancing their industry technologically. It supports the National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation’s Technology Apprenticeship Program, which trains, informs and recruits a diverse workforce that meets the emerging technology and engineering needs within the broadcast community.
Register here to attend the 13th annual Women in Technology Awards Presentation Ceremony and Reception at NAB Show in Las Vegas.
Previous Technology Women to Watch Award honorees include:
- Kylee Peňa, manager, creative technologies program management, Netflix
- Diane Strutner, CEO and co-founder, Datazoom
- Rose Adkins Hulse, founder and CEO of ScreenHits TV
- Yushi Xu, senior architect, FreeWheel
- Sally Hattori, executive director, product development at Walt Disney Studio’s StudioLAB
- Kate Ketcham, director, Media Composer product management, Avid
- Deb Grivois, director of engineering, WLWT Cincinnati
- Katy Noland, senior R&D technologist, BBC
- Larissa Goerner, director of advanced live solutions, Grass Valley
- Deborah Adeogba, now senior media experience manager, Microsoft
- Jennifer Leung, now senior director at AppD Labs and Emerging Tech
- Anne Marie Rohaly, director of accessibility policy and standards, Microsoft
- Tania Paz, VP of digital media operations and technology, Telemundo
- Yvonne Thomas, now strategic technologist, Digital TV Group
- Sara Kudrle, now marketing director, PESA and VP education, SMPTE
- Alison Neplokh, now VP innovation and strategy, NAB