A+E Networks Relaunches History En EspaÃ±ol
A+E Networks is relaunching History en Español (HEE) with a new on-air look, new programming strategy and more than twice the number of premiere hours.
The new lineup includes docuseries such as Barbarians Rising and factual shows such as Hunting Hitler and Pawn Stars, along with scripted series. In addition, HEE is set to premiere Embajadores de la Mafia, which delves into the arrival of the Italian-American mafia in Latin America. The channel will also launch a Spanish-language Facebook fan page.
Beginning today, primetime programming on HEE will feature nightly vertical themes:
- Monday kicks off with a new “High Octane Auto” programming block that features a new season of Counting Cars together with the returning Leepu & Pitbull and Lost in Transmission.
- On Tuesdays, historical treasures are found and restored in back-to-back episodes of the new season of American Restoration followed by American Pickers.
- Wednesdays “Epic Mysteries” focus on the unknown with the HEE premiere of Missing in Alaska together with In Search of Ancient Aliens and Hangar 1: The UFO Files.
- Thursdays’ “Wild History” block will launch an all-new season of Mountain Men, and the return of Ice Road Truckers: Deadliest Roads and Ax Men.
- Primetime on Fridays will kick off weekends throughout November with “The Hidden Truth,” a three-hour programming block featuring HEE premieres of Last Days of the Nazis and Hunting Hitler.
- Saturday’s “Mega Specials + Dramas” will feature Seven Deadly Sins, The Bible Rules and specials God v. Satan, The Real Face of Jesus, Secret Access: The Vatican and Jesus: The Lost 40 Days.
- Sunday will focus on reality with new and returning episodes of Pawn Stars.
“We’re injecting HEE’s primetime schedule with new genres of programming to serve an even wider segment of the growing Hispanic audience throughout the U.S. as we continue to grow our channel,” said Edward Sabin, managing director, Americas and head of commercial operations, international.