It offers 50 hours of storage for $5 per month to select customers; allows them. to keep their recordings without expiration. The new service is supported on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs compatible with Sling TV.
Amazon Customers Can Get Sling Cloud DVR
Sling TV today widened availability of its Cloud DVR to new customers through its “First Look” early access program. Introduced in late 2016 in beta for Roku users, Cloud DVR First Look, priced at $5 per month for 50 hours of storage, is now available for purchase exclusively to Sling TV customers using Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick or Fire tablet devices. Sling TV also expanded its Cloud DVR-supported devices — customers with Cloud DVR may now use the feature across Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
“Many customers have requested Cloud DVR since our launch, and as more consumers cut the cord, we know Cloud DVR is a must-have feature for many consumers,” said Ben Weinberger, chief product officer of Sling TV. “We also know some customers prefer to watch our 30,000 on-demand titles, and we don’t want to make them pay for a feature they won’t use. While other OTT providers force everyone to take Cloud DVR at a higher price, Sling TV continues to give our customers choice and control over their entertainment experience.”
Cloud DVR features:
- Availability — Sling TV’s Cloud DVR is available to beta and “First Look” customers with any Sling TV subscription, including Sling Orange (single-stream), Sling Blue (multi-stream), and/or Best of Spanish TV across all Amazon Fire TV and Fire Tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
- No recording expirations — Customers may keep their recordings as long as they subscribe to Cloud DVR.
- Entertainment on your time — Record movies, sports, news, episodes and full series, with the ability to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content. Cloud DVR functionality not available on all channels.
- Conflict-free recording — Users may record multiple programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
- Easy access — Cloud DVR content is integrated directly into Sling TV’s “My TV” screen for immediate access to recordings.
- Simple space management — Sling TV manages Cloud DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest “watched” recording when capacity is full.