Court To Consider Privacy Claim Of Anchor’s Mom

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An attorney for the mother of slain Little Rock television anchor Anne Pressly says a lower court judge was wrong to throw out her lawsuit against a hospital and three workers who illegally looked at her dead daughter’s medical files.

Patricia Cannady’s lawyer told the Arkansas Supreme Court on Thursday that Cannady’s privacy lawsuit against St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center should be allowed to go forward. A Pulaski County judge ruled last year that the law doesn’t allow privacy claims to proceed after the death of the individual affected.

Attorneys for the hospital and a doctor told justices that rulings and law going back to the 1800s back up the judge’s decision to throw out the case.

Curtis Vance was convicted of capital murder in Pressly’s 2008 death.


Comments (0)

Leave a Reply


More News