Paxson Communications forms management advisory group
Paxson Communications Corp. has established a management advisory group of senior media executives and consultants to work with the company’s management team on the development and execution of the company’s strategic plan and business initiatives.
“This multidisciplinary group of media experts will assist me and the management team as we look to grow the company to its full potential following the successful completion of our recent debt refinancing,” said Brandon Burgess, Paxson chief executive officer.
Representing a cross-section of disciplines including media research, programming development and distribution, communications design, and market analysis, members of the advisory council include:
- Tom Wolzien, founder and CEO of Wolzien LLP, who will assist in exploring technology and strategic innovation for its digital spectrum and distribution capabilities.
- Brent Magid, CEO of Frank N. Magid Associates, who will assist with consumer research and strategic planning for analog and digital business initiatives.
- Former Universal executive Steve Rosenberg, who will assist with strategy and partnership opportunities in the TV content sector, including library owners and production companies.
- Narendra Reddy, an independent development and programming executive, who, working together with Rosenberg, will represent the company out of Los Angeles in managing inquiries and developing opportunities in the programming community. His early focus will be examining the interest received from the children’s content category in using the company’s distribution system.
- Ed Schlossberg, founder and president of ESI Design, who will assist with corporate and consumer branding and positioning strategy.