SBE Elects Jerry Massey As President
The Society of Broadcast Engineers, the association for broadcast and multimedia technology professionals, today announced the results of the 2015 election for the national board of directors. Jerry Massey, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNT, was elected as the society’s president. Massey is the corporate regional engineer, southeast at Entercom Greenville in Greenville, N.C.
Massey said: “As we prepare to embark on a new year with new SBE officers and board members, I first would like to thank President Joe Snelson for his professional and dedicated leadership of the Society over the past two years. We want to continue in his footsteps by focusing on continuing our advancement in educational opportunities and being an advocate for you the members of the Society of Broadcast Engineers. I look forward to working with the board in the year ahead, and also meeting many members of the SBE.”
Others serving one-year terms as officers, which begin on Oct. 14 are:
- Vice President: Jim Leifer, CPBE, director of engineering and IT at iHeartMedia/South Florida, Boynton Beach, Fla.
- Secretary: Ted Hand, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, director of engineering/operations at CMG-Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Treasurer: Andrea Cummis, CBT, CTO, managing partner, AC Video Solutions, Roseland, N.J.
Serving two-year terms on the board of directors, which also begin Oct. 14 are:
- Mark Fehlig, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNT; senior engineer, RF spectrum; Osborn Engineering, Snellville, Ga.
- Michael Hendrickson, CPBE, CBNT; chief engineer; American Public Media Group/Minnesota Public Radio/Classical South Florida, Lakeville, Minn.
- Ched Keiler, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNE; senior engineer; ISC/E Three, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Jeff Keith, CPBE; senior product development engineer; Wheatstone Corp., New Bern, N.C.
- Kevin Plumb, CPBE; vice president, video/audio platform technologies; ESPN Technology, Trumbull, Conn.
- RJ Russell, CPBE; VP of engineering; WTXF Philadelphia
The national board of directors of the SBE is responsible for the development of policy and determines the programs and services the society provides to its more than 5,100 members. Those elected will begin their terms on Oct. 14, during the SBE Membership Meeting. They will join the other six directors who have another year remaining in their terms (Tim Anderson, CPBE, DRB, CBNE; Ben Brinitzer, CPBE, AMD; Gary Kline, CBT, CBNT; Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNE; Kim Sacks, CBT; and Eric Schecter, CBRE) as well as Joe Snelson, CPBE, 8-VSB, who will be the immediate past president.
The SBE National Meeting will be held Oct. 13-14, 2015, in Madison, Wis., in conjunction with the Wisconsin Broadcasters Clinic, presented by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association and the SBE chapters of Wisconsin.