The alliance of entrepreneurs and industry leaders will collaborate on new solutions in content delivery, data analytics, advertising and more.
Sprockit Unveils Its First 10 Startups
Sprockit and NAB Show today announced the first 10 startups selected to participate in SPROCKIT’s 2016 program. Up to 30 emerging companies will be selected by industry leaders to participate based on their potential to offer solutions to challenges faced by many established media and entertainment companies.
Now in its fourth year, Sprockit will showcase industry-vetted emerging companies at NAB Show — held April 18-21 in Las Vegas — and convene throughout the year at Sprockit Sync, a series of private meetings where executives and entrepreneurs meet to collectively discuss and introduce new technologies that will advance the industry.
The first 10 startups invited to participate at the 2016 NAB Show represent a variety of sectors with specific solutions for applications in areas such as advertising, analytics, mobile content production and content delivery. The first 10 participating companies in this year’s Sprockit program are:
- AmpLive helps content creators and marketers, using live video, build better audiences by tracking user attention and using that data to retarget and engage at a later time.
- Appiness provides advanced solutions for video commerce. The company offers time-stamped products and brands for shopping via any smart device, locally or internationally.
- Crowdynews is the largest social media curation platform, delivering social content to the news media worldwide.
- Nervve helps industry leaders to target, measure and monetize media through visual search and analysis.
- OwnLocal builds the bridge between small and medium businesses and local media companies by automating digital marketing through a secure source.
- Stre.am is a mobile live streaming platform with enterprise video player capabilities that is platform-agnostic and can consume live video from mobile devices, GoPros, and more.
- System73 is the “Google Maps” for OTT broadcast video. Simple codes added to the video stream guarantee delivery of high quality video to millions of viewers simultaneously with no blocking, while reducing costs.
- trueAnthem is a data-driven social publishing solution that enables media companies to maximize profitability from social media.
- TVision Insights leverages state-of-the-art computer vision technology to collect viewers’ demographics, emotions, actual viewing habits and content engagement by analyzing data from sensors in the living room.
- Vigour empowers media companies and operators to revolutionize online video services using Vigour Video, an interface platform that captivates customers and connects their screens.
Sprockit is created in partnership with World Series of Startups LLC and the NAB. Sprockit corporate members include: Cox Media, Hearst Television, Samsung, Tegna and Univision among others.
Sprockit is still accepting applications for participation and will be inviting companies on a rolling basis. The application deadline is March 14. For more information about Sprockit or to submit an application, visit sprockitglory.com or contact Michele Nebel Peake at 301-774-7739.