Univision Launches ‘Cocina’ Cooking App
Univision Interactive Media, the digital division of the leading media company Univision Communications, announced that its new Univision Cocina App foriPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store. The app provides recipes for Latin cuisine and beyond, including cooking videos, tools and tips from Univision chefs and fellow users.
“The Univision Cocina App presents content in an easy-to-use interface that will enhance and enrich our audience’s cooking experiences day in and day out,” said Kevin Conroy, president of Univision Interactive Media. “This launch is part of our ever-expanding mobile portfolio and reaffirms our commitment to deliver the quality content our audience seeks on any device.”
Among the Univision Cocina app’s offerings are:
- Searching and bookmarking favorite recipes from a variety of cuisines.
- Step-by-step videos of recipes, tips and ideas from Univision chefs and personalities, including Ingrid Hoffmann and her celebrity guests from TeleFutura’s Delicioso (Delicious); plus recipes from Maggie Jiménez from TeleFutura’s ¡Qué Sabor! (What Flavor!); Raúl de Molina’s restaurant and recipe review segment Al Gusto del Gordo (The Taste of El Gordo); and the latest from popular Chef Pepín.
- Easy sharing of recipes and photos across various social networks.
- Customized shopping lists with all the ingredients of a meal, and check-off lists to use while shopping.
- Cooking tools, including a unit converter and timer.
- Bilingual glossary of culinary terms in English and Spanish.
The Univision Cocina App is available free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore. The App is also available on the Univision’s iTunes page at iTunes.com/Univision.
The Univision Cocina App was developed in partnership with TangoModem.