WFMY News Launches New iPad App
Gannett-owned CBS affiliate WFMY Greensboro, N.C., has introduced a new iPad app as a free download available in the iTunes Store (search for “WFMY for iPad”). The app is sleek, easy to navigate, and features News 2’s popular interactive radar.
The app supports all generations of the iPad, including iPad Mini devices. Operating systems supported are IOS versions 4.x, 5.x and 6.x.
The app has an intuitive design, robust weather, news, sports, social interface and video content. In the near future it will also offer live HD video streaming of the station’s newscasts.
• Live breaking news video.
• Interactive radar and weather maps.
• Hourly, extended and weekend weather forecasts.
• Easy social sharing ability to Facebook, Twitter and email.
• A video-centric content display.
• Extensive photo and video galleries.
• Selections for users to opt-in for breaking news, weather and/or general news alerts.
• Real-time school closing information customized to the user’s favorite schools.
• Automatic desk clock mode featuring stunning imagery of the market.