ZypMedia Expands With Veteran Sales Team
ZypMedia, a programmatic media-buying platform for local advertising, has added a sales team led by former iHeartRadio executive Michelle Savoy to its technology and operations teams. The hires come on the heels of a transformative 2015 in which the company:
- Signed a long-term commercial agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group to provide state-of-the-art media buying capabilities to local advertisers through more than 2,500 salespeople in 79 markets.
- Rolled out Target Canvassing, a product extension custom-made for local politicians and cause-based marketers.
- Completed a $4.4 million funding round lead by Sinclair Broadcast Group, with pro-rata participation from existing investor U.S. Venture Partners.
The ZypMedia sales team will provide ongoing training and sales support to the Company’s reseller network, including Sinclair Broadcast Group, in addition to servicing regional agencies and advertisers who can benefit from the company’s specialized media-buying capabilities.
As SVP, sales, Savoy will be responsible for managing a team of regional sales directors, setting the company’s training and sales strategies, growing its reseller network and providing market intelligence and insights that will help increase the company’s product development.
Prior to joining ZypMedia, Savoy was VP, Central Region for Undertone where she led regional sales and account strategy prior to the company’s acquisition by Perion, the Israeli technology firm. Before joining Undertone, she managed all aspects of local digital sales as SVP, local digital sales, North America for iHeartMedia and spent 12 years with Gannett in several leadership positions focused on the development of local digital marketing programs.
Savoy is joined by a team of regional sales directors:
- Jeffrey Kinzinger, regional sales director, Central, joined the company from Sinclair Broadcast Group where he was one of the top digital sales managers working out of Columbus, Ohio. Prior to joining Sinclair, he held sales positions with Raycom and Broadcast Interactive Media.
- Timothy Moran, regional sales director, Northeast, joined the company from Tribune Media where he was director of interactive sales working in Northeast Pennsylvania. Prior to joining Tribune, he founded and ran his own digital advertising agency. He also serves on advisory panels for both IBM and Oracle.
- Daphne Papageorgiou, regional sales director, West, joined the company from Viamedia where as executive director she lead direct and indirect sales teams across the West and Southwest regions. Prior to joining Viamedia she held various account executive roles at ReachLocal, Cox Media and YP.
- Isaac Renfro, regional sales director, Southeast, joined the company from AdoTube where he was Southeast sales director. Prior to joining AdoTube, Isaac held various sales positions with AccuWeather, Yahoo and AOL.