Website Hubbard Broadcasting
WNYT-TV News Channel 13, the award-winning NBC affiliate in Albany for New York State’s Capital Region, is looking for a for an experienced General Manager with a demonstrated history of success in leading television and digital operations.
The General Manager will be responsible for leading with integrity, articulating a cohesive vision, innovating through creativity and collaboratively executing to ensure the station’s performance is economically sound and editorially responsive.
The successful candidate must engage and lead a high performing team in a fast-evolving, multi-platform world and develop and execute the long-term vision of the station.
The General Manager has full local control and autonomy to make decisions that impact the station’s success.
This position reports directly to the President of Hubbard Television Group
WNYT-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does.
Whether it’s news broadcasts with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today’s issues, or, now more than ever, top notch digital content, we reach our viewers and followers with important information in the way they want to receive it.
When you work for Hubbard Broadcasting and WNYT, you will join a team of dedicated and passionate professionals, working hard every day to improve our product and our community.
- Responsible for overall success of the station, with full local control and accountability for news, digital, programming, sales, operations and financial results.
- Establish station objectives in conjunction with Hubbard goals and philosophy and determine strategies for execution.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities including the growing digital business.
- Provide leadership and build relationships in the community, maintain and develop image in viewer communities (public relations and public affairs) and build consistent customer client value.
- Responsible for ensuring all FCC licensing requirements are met and maintained.
- Develop short, intermediate and long-range market strategies and plans which enhance the product and produce real results for a growing base of customer/clients.
- Drive sales through coaching and inspiring others to hit their goals.
- Lead through innovation and adapt to changing situations quickly and easily.
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent through leadership, active engagement, communication and collaboration.
- Lead department heads and oversee their individual performance within an efficient and effective organizational structure.
- Responsible for programing all day-parts and all local content in station-produced newscasts and platforms.
- Set budget with corporate approval; develop and manage the annual budget, including providing accurate forecasting and performance.
- Ensure revenue and expense goals are assigned, managed, monitored and correctly executed to achieve benchmarks.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated strong traditional broadcast television management experience and acumen; 3 years broadcast experience as a General Manager, News Director or Sales Director preferred.
- Proven leadership ability required with successful experience molding and leading a team.
- Demonstrated innovative leadership, communication and staff development skills with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement in a multimedia company.
- Must be fluent in business financial reports, managing costs, building a profitable business and able to direct actions for their achievements.
- Must have ability and experience in thinking independently, analyzing and solving problems; must excel at establishing and balancing priorities and seeking efficiencies in operations.
- Must be goal-oriented with a strong focus on business performance and building a base of consistent new customers through in-the-field execution with or through the Sales team.
- Must have broad-based knowledge of television station operations including FCC regulations and license fulfillment requirements.
- Must have strong budgeting skills, demonstrating creative use of available resources and proven planning, prioritizing and achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Willingness to tirelessly invest time & effort in community leadership as a positive representative of the station.
- This position is subject to pre-employment criminal and consumer financial history background checks.
- A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position.
- Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com