ViewLift Powers KSL’s New OTT Content Platform
ViewLift, a provider of end-to-end platform services for web, mobile and OTT, today announced its alliance with Bonneville International, and the re-launch of Salt Lake City NBC affiliate KSL-TV’s digital video content service, available on web, connected TV and mobile devices. With the new service, branded KSL TV, viewers everywhere will have access to the station’s locally-produced content.
“When selecting a development partner, we wanted an organization capable of growing their platform around the needs of both our community and our organization,” said Tanya Vea, VP-GM of KSL. “We’ve used feedback from our users to help create the new KSL TV app and we are constantly enhancing it around their feedback. From cord-cutters to viewers on the go, the KSL TV app delivers the best in news, sports and entertainment in a way that convenient for our audience and their busy schedules.”
While evaluating partners, KSL sought a solution to provide more control over all facets of the business (i.e., content, user experience, branding, ad ops, etc.) as well as provide live streaming services for KSL-TV, KSL-AM-FM and KSL Weather as well as sports content partners including Real Salt Lake and Utah Valley University.
“ViewLift was the obvious choice when considering our complex requirements. We were immediately impressed by the flexibility and customization features of their platform,” said Jon Accarrino, executive director of business development at Bonneville Salt Lake. “Typically, when you use a local media company’s OTT app, it feels ‘clunky’ and limited. We wanted a sleek and powerful platform that performed at a higher level. ViewLift was able to help us achieve that best-in-class app experience that we were looking for.”
With tens of thousands of video files and an ever-growing collection of live streams, the KSL TV app provides one of the more robust local content experiences in the nation. Here are some highlights that users can expect to find in the KSL TV app.
- Extended app-only KSL TV news coverage
- Live game streams from the Major League Soccer team Real Salt Lake and their associated teams, Utah Royals FC, Real Monarchsand RSL Academy
- Companion video episodes for the hit podcast COLD: The Susan Powell Story
- 24/7 live stream from the KSL Weather team with micro-weathercasts for the entire state of Utah and surrounding areas
- Live coverage and video on demand from General Conference, the semiannual worldwide gatherings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Live streaming and video on demand content from over 10 different sports from Utah Valley University
- An extensive library of local programming including Studio 5, KSL Outdoors and KSL Documentaries
In the rapid deployment of the new KSL service, ViewLift is providing an end-to-end OTT solution, including analytics, state of-the-art content management system, and more. The KSL and ViewLift partnership will continue to innovate and provide seamless technology solutions for the station’s community, while increasing engagement and overall experience.