Website Cox Media Group
WFXT, the Cox Media Group’s Fox affiliate in Boston, needs a creative services writer/editor/producer.
We need an experienced Editor/Producer/writer for our locally produced programming, promotional campaigns, and commercial production.
The candidate must be able to manage tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or creativity, deliver concepts, write scripts, shepherd clients, create graphics and distribute a quality finished product.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in the multi-media industry.
We are looking for an outgoing self-starter, to assist our sales team at Boston 25.
Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, take charge of their position.
The Editor/Producer/Writer will be able to conceptualize and execute locally produced programming, promotional campaigns, and commercial production.
We are seeking someone who can tell stories through the creative use of video and graphics.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment.
You will be asked to communicate with agencies and clients.
The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, knows how to build successful relationships; can take direction as well as work independently .
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Conceive, develop and produce creative segments, promos, and commercial content.
- Manage multiple creative assignments in a hands-on fashion at all stages of development, from project start through post
- Manage work flow and project deadlines
- Research new editorial techniques, new and current standards in music, storytelling, graphic design and marketing
- Write scripts
- Edit spots
- Create graphics to support spot production
- Work closely with design department to convey additional graphics needs for projects
- Direct talent (voice-over and other) and strong ability to select music
- Support all sales projects on behalf of station
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with AVID and premiere editing
- Ability to use motion graphics (after effects/cinema 4D)
- Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication ability
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
WHAT WE OFFER YOU: WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT CMG
CMG is an industry-leading media company with dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people – and you could be one of them! We are a start-up built on a 100-year history of blazing trails in the world of media. Over that time, our skilled journalists and storytellers have covered war and peace, tragedies and celebrations, small moments, and global movements. We are relying on our longstanding experience and entrepreneurial mentality to build a media company that is modern, agile, and uniquely positioned for the future.
We provide valuable local content to viewers in the communities we serve through our 33 high-quality, market-leading television stations in 20 markets, 53 top-performing radio stations delivering all genres of content in 11 markets, and numerous streaming and digital platforms. Our portfolio includes primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations. We also offer a full suite of national, regional, local, and digital advertising services with CMG Local Solutions, CoxReps and Gamut.
We offer rewarding and challenging careers that encourage growth and development. We take care of our people with industry-leading total rewards offerings that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and accident insurance as well as, a best-in-class wellness program, 401(k) matching and time-off programs.
We promote the safety and well-being of our employees by requiring that all newly hired CMG employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
If this description fits and CMG sounds like a company you want to work for, we’d love to have you join us. Apply today!
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit cmg.jobs.net.