WCIA-TV, Nexstar’s CBS affiliate in Champaign, Illinois is looking for Director of Sales, a leader to manage sales efforts.
Work and play minutes from the University of Illinois and enjoy the benefits of a big city with the charm of a small town.
Director of Sales is responsible for delivering best in class sales performance and expansion into critical regional key accounts and channels.
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading the day to day operation of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
The ideal candidate will utilize their proven skillset and demonstrable experience in leading sales teams and will have a track record of high performance in developing revenue across multiple platforms.
- This role will be accountable for implementing strategies that drive revenue growth, profitability, and market development in line with Nexstar’s vision and values.
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluating, promoting and terminating of employees.
- Manages recruitment, Training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals.
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives.
- Create unique and customized media plans for high profile buyers leveraging Nexstar Digital’s full suite of products including television and digital products and sponsorships.
- Meet and exceed sales quota leveraging Nexstar’s growing suite of products.
- Ability to manage a client pipeline and project revenue utilizing a CRM.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue.
- Drives new business development.
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Manages Accounts Receivable.
- Communicate efficiently both externally and internally across multiple teams.
- Ability to credibly influence decision makers and develop tailored solutions.
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a team-oriented collaborative fashion.
- Willingness to take on additional opportunities as company expands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in selling TV, Video and Digital.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an excellent team player.
- Familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite of products, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Valid Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Willing to travel.
- Experience selling across multiple advertising products.
- Fluency in ad technology and video advertising with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter capable of flourishing in high-growth environments.
- Energy and passion for growing a digital video advertising business.
- Demonstrated track record of revenue growth.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help other to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit Traffic/Media Sales, Strata, Matrix, Nielsen, and ComScore preferred.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 199 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.