KELO, branded as KELOLAND, Nexstar’s CBS and MyNetworkTV affiliates in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is searching for a Digital Sales Manager, a Local Sales Manager and an Anchor/Reporter.
Sioux Falls ranks among some of the U.S.’s best small and mid-size American cities, according to a study conducted by Livability.com in partnership with Ipsos. Sioux Falls has steadily grown by over 20,000 people in the past five years with even more moving to the city since the start of the pandemic. School enrollments are up, homes are selling for record prices, and local companies have stated that they’re trying to get more apartments and homes on the market to meet demand.
Digital Sales Manager
The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for directing digital sales efforts for all station digital and digital marketing services.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital by vertical and by accounts
- Works with Account Executives and clients developing results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms
- Attends sales calls with Account Executives to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts
- Be an effective educator/trainer both internally and externally on digital tactics, benefits, and trends
- Assists with the recruitment of talented sales professionals
- In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, prepare and lead sales meeting.
- Prepares budgets and approves budgeted expenditures
- Works closely with Accounts Receivable and sales team to maintain current and collectible agings
- Acts as a backup for the Local Sales Manager on an as needed basis
- Manage Digital inventory and effective pricing
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
- Minimum three-year experience in Sales, preferably in the Digital field
- Current knowledge of digital ad technology, online ad serving, 3rd party research skills such as ComScore and Google Analytics
- IAB and/or Google AdWords certification a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office products required
- Experience with Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, ComScore and AdMall are a plus
- Fluency in English; with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Digital Sales Manager.
Local Sales Manager
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
- Drives new business development
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Local Sales Manager.
- Anchor top-rated newscasts, plus additional reporting as assigned.
- Must be an effective communicator, comfortable in both scripted and ad-libbed delivery.
- Breaking news and developing story coverage are important, as is an understanding of our multi-screen approach to coverage.
- We must own the story on television, digital, mobile and social platforms.
- Storytelling style must be clear and easy-to-understand.
- Must be able to contribute original story ideas to the daily planning process.
- Knowledge and interest in current events, along with active participation in the community, are essential elements for success.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to meet breaking news needs.
- Able to deal diplomatically with stressful situations.
- Able to effectively lead or delegate when appropriate.
- Able to understand the relevant interests of our community.
- Able to grasp research and ratings information.
- Our strong ratings and tradition of success require prior experience anchoring compelling and successful newscasts.
- Applicants must provide a sample of a recent newscast they have anchored, as well as a variety of live and recorded reports.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate an understanding of alternative storytelling through clear and easy-to-understand presentation both on-air and online.
- College/university degree is preferred.
- At least two years experience in a commercial television newsroom is preferred.
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Anchor/Reporter.
To apply for this job please visit www.nexstar.tv.