KRQE, Nexstar’s dual CBS/Fox affiliate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is seeking a Multimedia Journalist.
Albuquerque residents have plenty to keep them busy, from the art galleries of Old Town to the historic Native American sites all around the region. The Albuquerque BioPark’s zoo, gardens and aquarium are popular with families, and a host of museums are great places to spend the rare rainy day. While its nightlife is tame by big-city standards, Albuquerque has a robust culinary scene that features local red and green chile peppers, and includes nationally recognized wineries and breweries. Albuquerque offers quick access to outdoor recreation, such as hiking, mountain biking and even skiing in the Sandia Mountains that border the metro area to the east. The Rio Grande that flows through the city center is a playground for kayakers, and miles of walking and cycling trails wind through its wooded banks.
The KRQE News 13 Multimedia Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
- Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate informationGathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
- Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports
- Produces and presents reports for all platforms
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
- Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting
- Superior on-air presence
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.