WAPT, the Hearst owned ABC Affiliate in Jackson, MS, has an immediate opening for a Production Manager to join our leadership team.
Jackson, Mississippi, the largest metro area in Mississippi, is leading the charge for the state’s arts, culinary and cultural progression. But unlike many other places undergoing revitalization, Jackson maintained much of its distinct Southern charm, a characteristic that is drawing new chefs, artists and other movers and shakers to this region in droves.
For this Department Head position, we’re looking for someone with the ability to recruit, train, and inspire our technical team to execute our market leading newscasts with excellence.
As the Production Manager you will be in charge of all aspects of the department’s operations and work closely with the station’s top management team.
You will also enjoy a great, southern lifestyle in Mississippi’s capital city with incredible natural resources complimenting all the offerings of a major American city.
- This position is responsible for the direction of the production team.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the News Director
- Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast. Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Should have experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Must be willing to work mornings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience with a Sony DVS 9000 Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans.
- Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.