WCIA, Nexstar’s CBA affiliate in Champaign, Illinois, the News Leader in central Illinois, seeks a Director of Sales, a Morning Show Reporter and Morning Show Executive Producer.
Geographically, Champaign is located just 135 miles south of Chicago, 120 miles west of Indianapolis, and 180 miles northeast of St. Louis. Featuring an extensive park system, a world-class library, urban shopping choices and a variety of living accommodations, Champaign offers urban perks with smaller city comforts. Champaign is the home for The University of Illinois and Parkland College. Excellent local parks, youth sports programs and miles of walking and biking opportunities make this a great place for families and individuals to have fun and stay healthy. Area lakes and rivers for boating, fishing, canoeing, camping and nature park areas for hiking all add to the fun.
Director of Sales
WCIA-TV in Champaign, Illinois is looking for a leader to manage sales efforts.
Work and play minutes from the University of Illinois and enjoy the benefits of a big city with the charm of a small town.
Director of Sales is responsible for delivering best in class sales performance and expansion into critical regional key accounts and channels.
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading the day to day operation of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
The ideal candidate will utilize their proven skillset and demonstrable experience in leading sales teams and will have a track record of high performance in developing revenue across multiple platforms.
This role will be accountable for implementing strategies that drive revenue growth, profitability, and market development in line with Nexstar’s vision and values.
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluating, promoting and terminating of employees.
- Manages recruitment, Training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals.
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives.
- Create unique and customized media plans for high profile buyers leveraging Nexstar Digital’s full suite of products including television and digital products and sponsorships.
- Meet and exceed sales quota leveraging Nexstar’s growing suite of products.
- Ability to manage a client pipeline and project revenue utilizing a CRM.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue.
- Drives new business development.
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Manages Accounts Receivable.
- Communicate efficiently both externally and internally across multiple teams.
- Ability to credibly influence decision makers and develop tailored solutions.
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a team-oriented collaborative fashion.
- Willingness to take on additional opportunities as company expands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in selling TV, Video and Digital.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an excellent team player.
- Familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite of products, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Valid Drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Willing to travel.
- Experience selling across multiple advertising products.
- Fluency in ad technology and video advertising with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter capable of flourishing in high-growth environments.
- Energy and passion for growing a digital video advertising business.
- Demonstrated track record of revenue growth.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards.
CLICK HERE to apply directly to the Director of Sales opening.
Morning Show Reporter
Are you a morning person? Do you love the energy, personality and vibe a morning show has to offer? If so, WCIA 3 in central Illinois may have just the job for you.
The Local News Leader in the Champaign/Decatur/Springfield market has an immediate opening for a Morning Show Reporter.
The job will include daily live shots, enterprise storytelling, and regular opportunities to fill in on the anchor desk.
Our last Morning Reporter just got promoted to main Morning Anchor, so this is a position that offers significant opportunity for advancement.
Our Morning Reporter receives a high level of exposure due to the dominant ratings of our Morning Show.
Essential duties include:
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
- Reporting experience required
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Operate newsroom computer systems
CLICK HERE to apply directly to Morning Show Reporter opening.
Morning Show Executive Producer
WCIA seeks an experienced, creative, innovative producer who is passionate about morning news and understands how to make shows fast, fresh, and fun.
The Executive Morning Producer supervises news content and line produces the two most valuable hours within our four hour morning news block.
Our Morning Show is consistently number one in the market and has a very strong and loyal audience. Our front line talent are very strong on camera and behind the scenes.
This is an overnight shift and requires schedule flexibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for finding and evaluating content; organizing it into a cohesive sequence within a newscast
- Build rundown with strong editorial and creative judgement
- Manage workflow efficiently and effectively
- Write and copy edit scripts
- Work with Producers and Anchors on story selection and overall focus of the product
- Contribute to the editorial process, including daily coverage and enterprise reporting choices
- Coach and train other Producers
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all platforms and devices
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media or equivalent
- At least two years-experience producing morning newscasts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with anchors, reporters, photographers, production and engineering staff, managers, and others
- Ability to adapt to change, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented and tactical, yet able to see the big-picture and execute broader, strategic initiatives
- Well-organized, with excellent planning skills, while being flexible enough to quickly shift when necessary
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of morning viewer needs and expectations
- Excel under tight deadlines, with emphasis on breaking news, developing stories and extreme weather coverage
- Utilize state-of-the-art television technology in newsroom, control room and set/studio
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually; coach less experience members of the team and help them develop their skill set
CLICK HERE to apply directly to Morning Show Executive Producer opening.
To apply for this job please visit www.nexstar.tv.