KCCI, Hearst’s CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station’s live, fast-paced newscasts.
Des Moines is ranked as one of America’s best cities to live and raise a family.
Des Moines is listed as the ninth best place to live according to U.S. News and World Report, which listed Des Moines as one of the top five most affordable and best cities to live in and Livability.com calls Des Moines a millennial hotspot. Elegant Colonial and Tudor-style homes built in the early 1900s hide in quiet neighborhoods minutes from buzzy downtown, where lofts and condos draw the millennial crowd. Many families with kids flock to the suburbs where new housing developments continually pop up. And there’s plenty to do and see in Des Moines. Cultural events and festivals draw all ages to the downtown area. One-of-a-kind shops, locally owned restaurants and hip bars enliven entertainment districts. And plenty of bike trails and parks (and even a few lakes) provide opportunities for outdoor recreation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience as a TD and extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities.
The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities. This a hands-on position in a mid-sized news-oriented broadcast television environment.
KCCI is a multi-platform local media leader.
Our passionate team members serve our viewers and clients with world-class content and advertising solutions seen by thousands of consumers every day.
And because we know consumers don’t want to be constrained, we are driven to ensure every news story and every advertising solution will reach them wherever they are, and on whatever device they are using.
As part of the global Hearst team, based in Des Moines, Iowa, our resources to serve our viewers, clients and employees are best-in-class.
Best of all, you’ll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
KCCI employees change the world with their work. Our journalists produce award-winning content that helps consumers makes sense of their community.
Our sales team delivers strategic advertising solutions to help local businesses fulfill their dreams.
Our engineering team enjoys world-class technology and understands how it supports our overall mission to inform, entertain, and support our local communities.
The KCCI team also cares deeply about their friends and neighbors. Every year their collective work raises thousands of dollars and awareness for local charitable causes.
If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further!
- This position is responsible for the visual direction of our morning newscasts.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The Technical Director will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look as directed by the newscast director.
- The employee will also work (as needed) in regular shifts in an automated Master Control environment and possible coverage shifts in live audio control.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Should have experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
- Military experience in a similar role will also be considered.
- Please only list appropriate experience in prior-work history.
- Some experience operating Master Control would be preferred.
- Must be willing to work weekend evenings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience with a Sony DVS 8000 Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics, Imagine Automation (for MC) and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will also be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.