Website University of Missouri - Columbia
KOMU 8 News is looking for a TV Show Director to join its award-winning team.
KOMU 8 is a full-powered NBC and CW affiliate proudly owned by the University of Missouri serving the Columbia-Jefferson City, MO market.
It is the only network affiliated television station with a dual mission of informing the public and serving as the premier training ground for television journalists with the prestigious Missouri School of Journalism.
About the University of Missouri-Columbia
The University of Missouri-Columbia is the flagship, comprehensive campus of the University of Missouri system with membership in the Association of American Universities (since 1908). The Columbia campus is a land-grant, state-supported, multi-purpose university of approximately 35,425 students offering a wide variety of academic, cultural, and athletic activities. Please see http://missouri.edu/about/index.php.
Columbia, Missouri is a regional center for health care and financial services surrounded by a large rural population. Recognized for its high quality of life in national media, Columbia is a community of approximately 108,000 people with a wide-range of activities and opportunities; it is in central Missouri equidistant between St. Louis or Kansas City.
KOMU 8 is an award-winning, nationally recognized news organization working to share impactful and important stories on all platforms.
The station also supports community interests through various public service efforts throughout the year. KOMU 8 believes in creating a working environment that attracts the best and brightest people.
The TV Show Director will direct live and recorded broadcast productions in the areas of set design, lighting, sound and camera movement.
The TV Show Directors manage the news shows behind the scenes and ensure that broadcasts are delivered in a smooth format.
Qualified candidates should have the ability to work under pressure and possess a strong attention to detail.
Our TV Show Directors must deliver accurate information for data entry, including spellchecking.
Experience with production equipment and the ability to troubleshoot production equipment malfunctions is preferred.
- Direct the set-up of commercial, promotional, or news programs for TV production
- Direct the arrangement of lighting, microphones, and individual seating/ placement of production set ups
- Operate robotic studio cameras, remote field cameras and mini-cameras
- Operate electronic character generator (names of guests, locations, weather bulletins, etc.)
- Operate microphones and audio levels
- Record, edit and sub-clip video for various applications
- Provide constructive feedback to students assisting with newscasts
- Assist news staff to meet tight deadlines
- Greet guests of KOMU and inform them of procedures and schedules
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Range: $13.27 – $22.00/ hour
Shift: 3:00 AM to 11:00 AM Weekdays/Weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, film, or related field
- 1-3 years of live video production experience
- Experience working behind the scenes in video broadcasts
- Experience working within a newsroom during live newscasts
- Experience with Ross Overdrive or other production software
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
A demonstrated history for accuracy when completing data entry
- Experience with production equipment, with the ability to troubleshoot production equipment issues
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their experience and interest in the role.
Questions can be sent to Shelly Rawlings, Creative Services Director at KOMU 8. Shelly’s email is [email protected]
The position is posted on the University’s website. The job posting ID is 42655.
Applications can be submitted at: https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psp/tamext/COLUM/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=6&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=6&JobOpeningId=42655&PostingSeq=1
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence. The University of Missouri does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era. To request ADA accommodations, please contact our ADA Coordinator at 573-884-7278 (V/TTY).
To apply for this job please visit erecruit.umsystem.edu.