Website Nexstar Broadcasting Group
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Nexstar Broadcasting Group seeks an experienced, driven broadcast professional to serve as Vice President/General Manager of our media properties in Sioux Falls and Rapid City, South Dakota (DMAs #113 and #169 respectively), including KELO-TV(CBS/MyNet) in Sioux Falls, KCLO (CBS/CW) in Rapid City and our accompanying local digital operations.
Known as KELOLAND for decades, KELO-TV has a rich history and was South Dakota’s first television station.
The station dominates as the leading media brand in the region and is one of the highest-rated CBS affiliates in the country, serving portions of South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska.
KELOLAND News is a regional and national award-winning station, while our web site, KELOLAND.com, is the region’s most-visited local digital destination.
KELOLAND is also recognized as a community leader with commitments to multiple charity and non-profit events throughout the coverage area.
Sioux Falls has a strong economy made up of healthcare, financial, retail and meat packing employers.
Financial groups in Sioux Falls include Wells Fargo and Citigroup and the city has become a regional retail center drawing customers from four states.
With more than 70 parks and greenways (including Falls Park), Sioux Falls was noted as the healthiest city in America by Best Life Magazine and the 7th best place to live on livability.com in 2019.
In addition, Rapid City remains a popular tourist destination as the home of Mount Rushmore.
• Minimum of five years of experience as a successful General Manager for a commercial broadcast station
• Significant depth of sales management experience in leading and driving sales revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on New Local Direct revenue growth, including self-created non-traditional revenue success and sports and community sponsorships.
• A proven track record in providing professional, demonstrative leadership in developing a leadership team and promoting collaboration and teamwork among all station departments.
• The vision and ability to enact short and long term development of the stations’ digital and mobile platforms
• Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line
• Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential.
Nexstar seeks a stakeholder – someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to make a positive impact on the community.
If you are driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic, as well as a commitment towards creative, successful revenue generation and engaged in serving the community, then apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar’s current portfolio and pro forma acquisitions include 197 television stations and over 100 community portal websites located in 40 states, reaching 63% of US television households.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.