Nexstar Inc., America’s largest local broadcasting company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President & General Manager for KLAS-TV (CBS), as well as all digital, mobile and social assets associated with 8NewsNow.com in the Las Vegas DMA (#40).
Located in the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas is renowned for world-class entertainment and cuisine and professional sports including the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the more recent additions of the NHL Golden Knights and NFL Las Vegas Raiders.
And while everyone knows about the Strip, there is much more to Vegas, including museums, national parks (Lake Mead, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Valley of Fire State Park, etc.), and year-around festivals. The city is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. With no state income tax, and a surprisingly affordable cost of living compared to other major cities – Vegas is a great place to live.
The ideal candidate will utilize their proven skillsets and demonstrable experience in leading broadcast operational teams with sales-driven organizations, developing locally originated content, and commitment to community service to further propel KLAS’s linear and digital audiences.
Additionally, promoting a winning culture of teamwork within all station departments and prior success in maintaining a focus on operational efficiencies and growth in programming performance and new local revenue generation.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years of general management experience at a commercial broadcast television station with accompanying digital assets.
- The right fit for this position will be a seasoned and knowledgeable professional who is a driven advocate of local broadcasting and digital service to the community in which they have previously served and a proven history of ratings growth.
- This position requires a leader with exemplary strategic vision, focused execution, and a verified understanding of local outreach and thoughtful community involvement.
- In addition to having a proven track record of managing high-performing sales, and news teams, the successful candidate must be effective in collaborating with department heads, staff members and promoting teamwork within all areas of station operations, preferably with oversight of a large staff.
- The ability to engage local community leaders and develop long-term relationships with key station clients is essential.
If you are interested in joining the executive ranks of Nexstar Inc.’s operational leadership team, and making an impact in Las Vegas, you are encouraged to apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers/
About Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Media Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 199 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 120 local websites and 284 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates NewsNation, formerly WGN America, a national news and entertainment cable network reaching 75 million television homes, multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.