Local Media Association, Local Media Foundation Announce New Board Appointments
The Local Media Association announced the appointment of seven new directors to its board, while the Local Media Foundation announced two new board director appointments. All new appointments take effect immediately.
New LMA and LMF board members come from a range of local media interests, including newspaper groups, public and for-profit broadcasters, local media digital operations and publications for underserved communities.
“Our incoming directors truly represent the best of the local media ecosystem,” said Nancy Lane, LMA CEO. “They are some of the biggest thinkers in our industry. We can’t wait to work with them as we focus on our mission to reinvent business models for news. We’re also thrilled to report that we met all of our board KPIs one year early: 50% women and at least six underrepresented executives now make up the LMA/LMF boards. We encourage other industry organizations to make diversity a top priority.”
- Amber Aldrich, senior advertising director, The Seattle Times.
- P.J. Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
- Mick Cohen, senior vice president, consumer sales, Hearst Newspapers.
- Todd Handy, chief digital officer, Beasley Media Group.
- Sonny Messiah Jiles, chief executive officer, Defender Media Group
- Jake Volcsko, vice president of data and digital operations, Connecticut Public
- Janis Ware, publisher, The Atlanta Voice
The LMA Board Officers For 2020
- Chair: Robert Brown, president and chief operating officer, Swift Communications
- First Vice Chair: Tom Sly, vice president of digital revenue, The E.W. Scripps Co.
- Second Vice Chair: Catherine Badalamente, senior vice president and chief innovation officer, Graham Media Group
- Treasurer: Lisa Bishop, chief digital officer, Heartland Media, LLC
- Secretary: Jason Jedlinski, senior vice president and head of consumer products, USA Today Network
- Immediate Past Chair: Mark Poss, chief executive officer, Big Fish Works
New Local Media Foundation Board Members
- Mariah Craddick, Product Manager, McClatchy
- Jason Murray, Director of Audience and Visuals, syracuse.com
The LMF Board Officers For 2020
- Chair: Liz White, executive vice president and publisher, Record-Journal
- First Vice Chair: Gordon Borrell, chief executive officer, Borrell Associates
- Treasurer: Robert Brown, president and chief operating officer, Swift Communications
- Secretary: Chris Weatherly, director of digital sales and products, WRAL
- Immediate Past Chair: Christian Hendricks, president, Local Media Consortium