Website Bonneville International / KSL TV
We build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities
KSL, the NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City, Utah is seeking a news producer for its 10PM newscasts.
- Lead development of KSL-TV 10 p.m. newscasts from enterprise to execution to meet the highest journalistic and production standards.
- Ensure delivery of key content/brand objectives and newscast strategies.
- Set showcasing expectations and drive breaking news coverage.
- Collaborate and innovate within multi-platform newsroom.
- College degree in journalism, a related field, or equivalent.
- Three years successful experience as producer in a broadcasting environment, or equivalent. Previous newsroom leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to write, produce and edit material for a newscast that appeals to targeted audiences and is of the highest journalistic and ethical standard.
- Ability to be creative, aggressive and energetic, reflecting maximum quality and professionalism to build audience share, with excellent judgement.
- Self-starter capable of performing and handling significant demands, particularly during peak hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, delegate and motivate other people in order to coordinate news activities from conceptualization to successful execution. Have proven track record of growing the skills of others, especially producers.
- Have proven record of dependability and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Consistently works hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, overnight, evenings, overtime, etc.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
Preferred Qualifications, but not required:
- Prefer someone familiar with the ENPS Computer System and with the ability to utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
- Prefer experience in an organization similar to KSL’s and knowledge of community organizations and resources.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hand, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.