WITI, Fox6 Milwaukee, the Fox-owned affiliate in Milwaukee has openings for a broadcast engineer, a meteorologist, and photojournalist.
According to the website, HomeIA, Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin, with around 600,000 residents in the city itself and roughly 1.6 million in the wider metro area. Its architecture and neighborhoods flaunt its history, from its industrial roots to its historic influx of German, Polish, Italian, and Irish immigrants. It’s a city that loves its sports, beer, festivals, and music, and local culture ranges from the refined (like the architecturally impressive Milwaukee Art Museum on the shore of Lake Michigan) to the down-home (like the traditional Friday fish fry). One of the great things about living in Milwaukee is that you get all the benefits while spending less than you would in most big cities in the United States.
Drone footage by All In 4K
BROADCAST ENGINEER/PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Do you have a Broadcast Engineering background?
Do you have a desire to play a vital role in a team that supports News Operations, Production, Master Control and the entire television station?
Can you work with producers and the control room crew to create live, compelling, error-free newscasts?
We have the perfect arena with top-notch technology waiting for you to jump in and make a difference on day one.
- You will ensure all technical equipment is operational and support News broadcasting and Digital streaming efforts by operating various equipment such as router, switchers, audio consoles, cameras, waveform monitors, vector monitors, audio metering, transport stream analyzers and a variety of cable testers.
- You will troubleshoot issues with broadcast systems and repair or replace equipment.
- You will monitor broadcast streams, insert commercials, record and prep on-air content.
- You will work under tight deadlines and must be have a strong eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience with ITX, Ross Overdrive, iNews, BitCentral, and Chyron is preferred.
- Ability to work unique shifts and schedules with turnarounds from evenings to mornings is required.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to relay directions.
- Must make quick decisions and have the ability to react quickly to changing events while remaining calm under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail is necessary.
- High school diploma required, college or technical degree preferred.
- The right candidate should have 1-2 years’ experience in a broadcast operation.
- This is a union represented position.
FOX6 News is seeking a passionate, dynamic meteorologist to join the state’s top weather team.
Wisconsin offers 4 seasons of varied weather forecasting so you must have a proven track record to handle the unpredictable climate in our great state!
We have a state-of-the-art weather office full of HD weather graphics, live HD Doppler radar, a beautiful outdoor weather deck and plenty of other high-tech gear to assist in your forecasting.
We have all the tools; we just need the right meteorologist!
FOX offers employees great benefits, including a generous time off and 401k package and what our employees call the best healthcare insurance in the industry.
- You need to do it all: television, online, social networking and community outreach.
- The person we’re looking for will work all shifts, including morning newscasts where a dynamic personality is an absolute must.
- You must be able to forecast and cover severe weather.
- We’re seeking a great storyteller who uses all the technology to create dynamic, compelling weather segments, on-air and online.
- An AMS or NWA sealed meteorologist with at least 2 years on-air experience is preferred.
- You must have a 4 year college degree.
- Strong live broadcast and reporting skills are required.
- Digital and web skills are required.
FOX6 is looking to add its newest member to our award winning photo team!
If innovative, state-of-the-art storytelling through shooting and editing is part of your DNA we want to hear from you!
- We will give you state of the art equipment so you can capture the best sequences, natural sounds and moments to produce compelling stories that our viewers will remember.
- Do you have a thirst to use the latest cutting edge video, editing and live technology?
- Does a well-varied skill set in shooting and editing daily news on a deadline, as well as long form material sound like you?
- Then contact us and let’s stretch your photojournalism wings creatively!
A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
• At least two years of Television News shooting experience, as well as technical knowledge of non-linear editing software, preferably Edius, and photo equipment
• Must be physically able to lift, carry and handle 30 to 50 pounds of camera gear, and deal with the realities of a Wisconsin winter or summer.
• Position requires driving.
• Drone license preferred
FOX Television Stations, LLC is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.foxcareers.com.