Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a Partnerships Marketing Specialist to manage development of revenue-generating partnership solutions.
This is a full-time role that will be responsible for developing multi-platform media sales materials and partnership proposals for prospective partners including brands, non-profits, and high-net-worth individuals.
The ideal candidate has a passion for creating original, mission-driven programming and can effectively showcase the value of co-creating original programming across Broadcast Network Television and digital platforms.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Sales and is based in our new state-of-the-art Hearst facility in Charlotte, NC.
Charlotte has its own culture, culinary sophistication and unique feel that’s making it a more enticing place for people from all over the world to settle down. It’s a standalone destination area now, no longer living in the shadow of Atlanta or Charleston, South Carolina. Its climate is more manageable than Florida’s and its housing prices and living expenses are more manageable than New York City. U.S. News & World Report ranked it as the 20th best places to live in the U.S. Charlotte has become a place filled with new restaurants to try and events that attract people from all over.
- Lead the development and strategy of partnership proposals and client presentations, including but not limited to leading internal creative brainstorms and drafting original series log lines, creating and vetting partnership elements with all necessary teams, and developing sponsorship packages in line with production budgets and revenue targets
- Proactively develop ancillary integration opportunities (broadcast and digital / social) for existing series, and prepare sales materials for Business Development executives to pitch these opportunities
- Maintain responsibility for creating and updating sales materials (e.g. sizzles, one-sheets, development slate, etc.) and interface with appropriate parties on all deliverables
- Identify and research areas of opportunity / prospective clients to support sales cycle
- Develop and implement outbound sales marketing strategy to support Business Development executives in ongoing communication efforts to keep HMPG top of mind
- Maintain weekly status report of partnership proposals and corresponding economics
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Agency or media company experience preferred
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and the comfort to interact with internal stakeholders across multiple levels and departments
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a cross functional, collaborative working environment
- Passion for creative writing, and comfort with translating written ideas into sales materials with clean, compelling design
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly related to project budgets and economics
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel a must. Expert knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
To apply for this job please visit eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.