Website Heritage Broadcasting Co. of Michigan
Northern Michigan's News Leader
WWTV, branded as 9&10 News, Heritage Broadcasting’s CBS affiliate in Cadillac, Michigan, has an opening for a Director of Content. We are Northern Michigan’s News Leader and a community leader.
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Cadillac office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Director of Content
We are seeking not only someone who can lead our daily news, but also someone with a clear understanding of strong storytelling and TV production to make a powerful and memorable story and special event.
Essential duties include newsroom leadership, on-air recruiting, budget administration, personnel development, sweeps strategy, development of social media/online/mobile strategies, and local program development.
You will give routine feedback with critiques of news product and of on-air personnel.
You’ll also be in charge of maintaining professional guidelines and standards of news broadcasts and staff.
- Direct editorial decision-making for all digital platforms
- Perform financial and viewership analysis to inform discussions with content partners and make strategic decisions.
- Work in close collaboration with Finance, Legal, Partner Management, Product, Operations, and Marketing teams across various business units.
- Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners.
- Utilize analytics and data to track success and shape strategy
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling
- Be a newsroom leader and a bold voice in editorial discussions
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
- Lead our newsrooms to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen
- Lead the content team in identifying new content types and innovative technologies that help us reach and serve new audiences
- Create unique, engaging, and shareable content
- Be a resource for Sales in its content generation and digital sponsorship efforts
- Teach, coach, and mentor both members of the digital team and the entire newsroom in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
- Must have a positive attitude, especially during high-stress situations
- Should be able to generate story & project ideas, as well as determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
- Ability to handle breaking news situations
- Proven management and people skills to direct staff
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community
- Thorough understanding of Adobe Premiere software
- A degree in journalism or a related field
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to come up with innovative and creative ideas
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
Great and inspiring company culture. Entrepreneurship mentality.
Rest and relaxation. 3 weeks paid time off. 9 paid holidays
Prepare for the future. 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
Development opportunities. We are growing which in turn provides opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Ability to live in beautiful Northern Michigan and take advantage of the sandy beaches to the snowcapped mountains and everything in between.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, MyNorth Media, ION, and Mane Content.
Are you ready? Are you excited?
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org