WXIN and WTTV, Nexstar’s Fox and CBS affiliates in Indianapolis, have openings for a Sales Manager, Executive Producer and Weekend News Anchor.
CLICK HERE for more information about living in Indianapolis.
Indianapolis has a low cost of living, beautiful urban and suburban charm, and is the home of The Indianapolis Colts, Indiana University, Purdue University, Butler University, The Indiana Pacers, and The Indianapolis 500. Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana with a rich political history with all State Government activities as well.
Here is your chance to join the management team of a proven CBS Affiliate in the 25th Television Market, combined with a high performing Nielsen-rated digital subchannel station.
Nexstar’s WTTV-CBS4/The Dot 4 .2 is seeking its next Sales Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana!
This is an opportunity for a leader with the right qualities who creates a positive culture through strong leadership, clear direction, effective coaching, a proven recruiting track record, and a vision of long-term success.
We are seeking a dynamic Sales Manager who will lead a team of winning Account Executives. 3-5 years of television sales management experience is preferred.
5+ years television sales experience mandatory.
Top candidates will have local sales manager experience inclusive of digital sales knowledge or digital sales management experience; excellent motivational, leadership, and forecasting skills along with a proven track record of rate integrity and winning new business.
Strong sports knowledge along with experience in selling high profile sports is a must as CBS4 broadcasts AFC Football, March Madness, College basketball including IU and Purdue, Big Ten Football, PGA Golf.
We are the Official broadcast partner of the Indianapolis Colts.
Potential candidates should be experienced with Nielsen ratings, ComScore, Wide Orbit, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Our approach to local advertising is a multi-platform goal and that is using the power of local television and our owned and operated digital assets as well as our audience extension products such as CTV and OTT.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of our Local AEs, including development of new business and achievement of TV and Digital revenue goals as well as but not limited to:
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and operation of account executives and sales assistants.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
- Drives new business development
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
- An effective Sales Manager should have a strong grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies and social media platforms. Must be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from conception to execution.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum five years of media sales experience; management experience preferred; solid knowledge of digital technology including mobile and social media platforms.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience recruiting, guiding, directing, and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Sales Manager.
FOX59 and CBS4 in Indianapolis are seeking a driven leader to manage the #1 morning news operation in Central Indiana.
This position will oversee 8 hours of morning news on two stations supported by a staff of more than 30 journalists.
The ideal candidate has past management experience in a commercial newsroom or more than 7 years of newscast line producing experience.
This Executive Producer position helps create strategic initiatives, manages the team to execute goals, and works with other newsroom managers to carry coverage across dayparts.
This position does not also line produce (except in extremely rare circumstances) as there are 8-10 producers scheduled on the morning show on a daily basis.
If you believe you’re ready to be the next Executive Producer at FOX59 and CBS4, apply now!
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
- Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices
- Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
- At least 7 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Utilize state-of-the-art television technology
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Executive Producer.
Weekend News Anchor
FOX59 in Indianapolis is looking for an Anchor/Reporter to anchor Weekend Mornings.
This is the #1 rated station in the market.
This position will also fill in on the anchor desk for other newscasts, report for early evening newscasts and help with special projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and external entities.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities to include public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other platforms
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum three years of experience in news anchoring.
- Must possess the ability to interact well with anchors, reporters, producers, videographers, news managers, etc. with superior business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior/Flawless on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, etc.
- Ability to meet clock requirements, prioritize assignments and multitask simultaneously with execution showcasing your high level of experiences
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Weekend News Anchor.
To apply for this job please visit www.nexstar.tv.