Nexstar Inc. is searching for a Vice President/General Manager to lead its broadcasting, digital, and mobile operations at WREG in Memphis, Tennessee (DMA #51) and Jackson, Tennessee (DMA #175) following the upcoming retirement of the current Vice President and General Manager, Ron Walter on August 31, 2021.
The successful candidate will be following in the footsteps of a 34-year broadcast veteran, who has served as GM for 17 years.
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River, Memphis is home to Fortune 500 companies FedEx, International Paper, and AutoZone.
The city also has a strong medical community including Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – a leading hospital in treating and curing childhood cancer.
In downtown, you’ll find NBA action with the Memphis Grizzlies, minor league baseball with the Memphis Redbirds, and a town that loves their University of Memphis Tigers.
With year around sporting events, concerts, and all kinds of fun along Beale Street- you’ll never run out of things to do, but nightlife is not the only thing to do in the Mid-South.
Enjoy a 10-mile urban trail for walkers, runners and bikers or visit Shelby Farms offering 4,500 acres of hiking, fishing, riding, playing and more.
The city is just three hours from Nashville and four to St. Louis.
WREG is the CBS affiliate in Memphis market serving west Tennessee, north Mississippi, and parts of northeast Arkansas.
WJKT is the Fox affiliate in Jackson, Tennessee located 90 minutes east of Memphis.
WREG is a legacy broadcast operation delivering exceptional service, local news, and special programming to the Mid-South since 1956.
The station provides 41.5 hours of local news and programming each week.
The station’s local commitments include partnerships with The Salvation Army, Coats for Kids, the “Go Jim Go” campaign for Le Bonheur Children’s hospital and more.
Requirements for the Vice President and General Manager position:
- Minimum of five years of experience as a successful General Manager for a commercial broadcast station.
- Significant sales management experience in leading and driving revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on New Local Direct revenue growth, including self-created non-traditional revenue success and sports and community sponsorships.
- A proven track record providing professional, demonstrative leadership and the ability to in develop a leadership team and promote collaboration and teamwork among all station departments.
- The vision and ability to enact short-term and long-term plans for the development of the stations’ digital and mobile platforms.
- Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line.
- Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential.
- Nexstar seeks a stakeholder – someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to make a positive impact on the community
If you are driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic, a commitment to creative, successful revenue generation, dedicated to serving the community, and enjoy working alongside an exceptional team of dedicated employees with America’s largest broadcasting company, then apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.