WSMV-TV, Meredith’s NBC affiliate in Nashville, is seeking an enthusiastic and competitive Executive Producer to join our hardworking team.
Nashville is the 13th top U.S. cities to live, according to U.S. News & World Report. Forbes magazine ranked Nashville the eighth-best U.S. market to buy a home and Travel+Leisure magazine ranked Nashville as the friendliest city in America as well as one of the top 50 places to visit in the world.
Job Summary | Major goals and objectives:
- The Executive Producer oversees total quality control of WSMV assigned newscasts.
- This position manages a highly creative staff to ensure that writing style, content, and presentation meet station standards.
- The Executive Producer executes research and ratings strategies for the newscasts.
- The work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including on-air, website, app and social media.
Essential Job Functions:
Weight % | Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- 40% Manages execution, look, and style of daily newscasts to meet research and ratings objectives.
- 40% Maintains editorial control through review of scripts, graphics and video for newscasts.
- 10% Mentors staff and recruits potential producer/associate producer hires.
- 10% Produces and manages special events and projects as assigned by News Director.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
Minimum three years experience as producer, with management or supervisory experience preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong news judgment and an expert understanding of libel and fairness issues.
- Ability to be calm and decisive under pressure.
- Ability to motivate and lead both new and veteran employees.
- Must have strong understanding of what drives morning news viewing.
- Ability to critique daily newscast, monitor and develop newscasts in all morning day parts.
- Must possess strong writing and coaching skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute strong visual newscast elements.
- Strong graphics and production skills required.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 5%
To apply for this job please visit meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.