Lockwood Broadcast Group is seeking an experienced Multi-Platform Local Sales Manager candidate to lead our broadcast and digital sales marketing team for WTNZ and WKNX TV in Knoxville TN.
U.S. News & World Report named the city one of the Top 50 Places to Live, and Livability.com calls Knoxville one of the Best Affordable Places to Live in the U.S. Located in the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains, and home to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville has a lot to offer. Knoxville’s home to 55 parks, a renovated downtown, a great public school system, and a full roster of music and sporting events. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy cheering on the minor league baseball Tennessee Smokies, the Knoxville Ice Bears professional hockey team and the much-hyped SEC-affiliated University of Tennessee Volunteers football and basketball teams. But shopping, sports and natural beauty aren’t the only reasons to move here: Affordability is another major incentive. The cost of buying a home in Knoxville is much less than it is in other major metro areas. Residents also enjoy the added benefit of proximity to major highways that connect Knoxville to places like Nashville, Atlanta and Chattanooga. In the last five years, Knoxville has become one of the 10 fastest-growing cities in the country according to WalletHub.
This position will be responsible for helping to manage and grow transactional business as well focus on prospecting and closing new business through positive leadership, training, experience and motivation.
Ideal candidate has demonstrated success in leading both Television and Digital Sales teams.
Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Local Sales and Sales staff for WTNZ/WKNX
- Directing the focus of Local Sales under direction of GSM
- Develop relationships with Local clients via frequent infield sales calls.
- Develop sales personnel
- Manage and grow sales revenue
- Forecasting Revenue
- Creating Revenue Budgets
- Recruitment and hiring of AEs and sales support personnel
- Management of inventory
- Management of AR
- Setting Rates
- Creating program ratings and estimates
- Developing Broadcast & Digital Sales Initiatives to help grow revenue
- Assist in weekly training on Digital products to sales and sales support
- Overseeing Digital Sales Processes
- Overseeing weekly Digital Conference Calls with Digital Team to review all active accounts
- Generating Weekly Sales Reports
- Generating other reports or analyses requested by GSM or GM
- Weekly Sales Meetings – market updates, industry updates, station updates, and training.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be willing to work in Knoxville, TN
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in WideOrbit, WideOrbit Sales and CRM software
- Must have at least 3-5years experience in sales management
- Must be willing to work with teams
- Must be willing to travel around local market
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to set at a desk for long periods of time
- Strong sales leadership and project management
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Willingness and ability to join local organizations to enhance the image and recognition of WTNZ/WKNX
- Good driving record
- Three-five years of television sales experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising or marketing is preferred
LOCKWOOD BROADCAST GROUP PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT AND PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT OF ANY TYPE WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY STATUS, GENETICS, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS. PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED ALONG WITH A BACKGROUND SCREEN AS ALLOWED BY FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
Please Send Resumes To:
WTNZ (Knoxville, TN)
GSM Liz Schutt: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Lschutt@wtnzfox43.com