The eighth annual awards ceremony and reception for TVNewsCheck’s 2018 Women in Technology Awards will take place at the NAB Show in Las Vegas in April and will benefit the NAB Education Foundation’s Technology Apprenticeship Program.
Nominations are now being accepted for TVNewsCheck’s 2018 Women in Technology Awards.
Each year at the NAB Show, the Women in Technology Awards are presented in two categories.
The Women in Technology Leadership Award recognizes women who have contributed significantly toward advancing their industry technologically.
The Technology Women to Watch Awards shine a spotlight on women in media and entertainment who show significant promise of advancing their industry.
Both awards support the National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation’s Technology Apprenticeship Program, which places graduating engineers who are women or people of color in broadcast industry internships. The program has helped scores participants to find industry jobs.
To nominate someone for the 2018 Women in Technology Leadership or Technology Women to Watch awards, download ballots here.
Past winners of the Women in Technology Leadership Award:
- Darcy Antonellis, CEO, Vubiquity
- Andrea Berry, industry consultant and former SVP of media services at Fox Networks Engineering and Operations
- Wendy Aylsworth, retired SVP of technology at Warner Bros. Technical Operations
- Renu Thomas, SVP technology and operations, Disney/ABC Networks Group
- Cindy Hutter Cavell, senior engineer and practice manager, Cavell Mertz & Associates
- Michelle Munson, co-founder and former CEO, Aspera
- Glodina Connan-Lostanlen, CMO, Imagine Communications
Past Winners of the Technology Women to Watch Award:
- Alison Neplokh, chief engineer, FCC Media Bureau
- Tania Paz, VP digital media operations and technology, Telemundo Network
- Ann Marie Rohaly, director, accessibility policy and standards, Microsoft corporate accessibility group
- Sara Kudrle, product marketing manager, Imagine Communications
- Jennifer Leung, director of product, NFL
- Yvonne Thomas, product manager, Arvato Systems