Website Nexstar Media Group
A LEADING LOCAL MEDIA COMPANY WITH NATIONAL REACH
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is seeking an accomplished news manager to lead local content initiatives across the group and complement our dynamic Corporate Content team. The position of Senior Vice-President, Local Content Development will work with our growing group of stations to advance our strong multi-platform approach with our digital and broadcast news products inclusive of web and mobile content initiatives, our social media engagement as well as our expanding OTT products. A strong strategic thinker and inspiring leader with amazing editorial acumen will work closely with the Operations team to build on Nexstar’s approach to “Local” while working with our Senior Management on projects, brand development and market evaluations creating a clear vision for the future and a focus on quality. Our growth leads to endless opportunities how we create and distribute content both in-market and regionally. Content drives “Local” and the development of group wide content initiatives to grow ratings and revenue is essential across all local markets. Nexstar has a dynamic group dedicated to the quality of our local product. Successful candidate will understand the focus of “local” in local television and how to be successful at it with a clear passion for the industry. Minimum 8 years of News/Content Management experience. If you are looking for a job that doesn’t involve travel, this is not the job for you. Please access the link below and provide us your resume information as well as your career successes and leadership abilities. Why is this opportunity the right one for you? The position will be based in Irving, Texas and reports directly to the EVP, Station Operations & Content Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promotes, demonstrates and maintains highest levels of journalistic, ethical and promotion standards.
• Develop unique content for our multi-platform environment including a heavy focus on Digital First in conjunction with Nexstar’s Digital team.
• Ability to think “out of the box” and outside of traditional journalistic and News norms regarding use of technology.
• Have a wide knowledge and attention to detail of the political process with a background in producing successful debates/town hall forums.
• Oversee a team providing regular feedback and communication to our News Directors, General Managers and Creative Services Directors on their local product. This will include market visits to assess the product and how the local news operation is living their brand.
• Manage multiple workstreams and high-profile projects successfully
• Develop budgets and strategic plans with ability to present in front of members of the corporate team.
• Establish clearly defined goals and objectives.
• Works with internal research analyst to identify trends on broadcast and digital platforms.
• Advise senior management and corporate content team with developing accountability standards for news managers through regular feedback sessions, product reviews and regional meetings.
• Identify qualified candidates into the organization and assist local news managers with talent searches in partnership with our recruiter.
• Promote enhanced internal communication with markets on sharing initiatives, best practices and regional opportunities.
• Encourage evolution of core operating mindsets with focus toward being a greater content provider within our local markets.
• Work with station Creative Services Directors and the EVP of Operations to develop a promotion strategy which recruits viewers to the news product.
• Develop relationships with vendors and content providers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please access:
To apply for this job please visit corporatecareers-nexstar.icims.com.