Nexstar Media Group Inc., America’s largest local broadcasting company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President/General Manager to oversee its media properties in Billings, MT (DMA #167).
In this role, the Vice President/General Manager will have full oversight over Nexstar’s operations at KSVI (ABC) and oversee its operational agreements with Mission Broadcasting providing services to KHMT (FOX) through a JSA and SSA, as well as the station’s digital, mobile and social media assets.
Billings is the largest city in Montana with 91,950 TV households. It has twice graced the Best Places to Live index and is known for its booming oil industry, growing medical sector, and affordable housing.
It’s also known for its incredible natural attractions situated along the Yellowstone River surrounded by six breathtaking mountain ranges.
Billings offers plenty of opportunities to hike, bike, golf, and just enjoy the fresh air.
The city is full of history displayed in museums, galleries and other landmarks.
You will also find horse racing, rodeos, concerts, fairs, and much more.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years of broadcast management experience at a commercial broadcast television station with accompanying digital assets.
• The right fit for this position will be a knowledgeable professional who is a driven advocate of local broadcasting and digital service to the community in which they have previously served.
• This position requires a leader with exemplary strategic vision, focused execution, and a verified understanding of local outreach and thoughtful community involvement.
• In addition to having a proven track record of managing high-performing teams, the successful candidate must be effective in collaborating with department heads, staff members and promoting teamwork within all areas of station operations.
• The ability to engage local community leaders and develop long-term relationships with key station clients is essential.
If you are interested in joining the executive ranks of Nexstar Inc.’s operational leadership team, and making an impact in Billings, MT, you are encouraged to apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers/
About Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates NewsNation, formerly WGN America, a national news and entertainment cable network reaching 75 million television homes, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.