Website WFXT Boston and Cox Media Group
dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people.
Do you have a proven success record in leading and developing sales teams?
Do you have a passion for helping local and national business reach their target customers right where they are?
Then this is the job for you!
Job Description and Responsibilities
WFXT Boston is looking for a dynamic leader to lead a team of talented sales managers and account executives. The Director will develop strategies with a sharp customer focus and consistently deliver on revenue expectations and develop deep relationships with our clients.
Responsible for the attainment of the revenue goals and must display entrepreneurial skills in creating new revenue opportunities. This role will report to the VP/GM.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and be financially responsible for sales operating budget.
- Create and oversee sales plan for local, national and digital revenue to grow market share and maximize revenue.
- Augment revenue and minimize expenses through continued process optimization.
- Represent through leadership for Sales both internally and externally.
- Monitor daily sales activity and forecast future revenue while keeping a pulse on the advertising market and making adjustments to the plan as needed.
- Train and develop staff using the partnership with CMG while providing a high-energy and positive work environment.
- Partner with other platform leaders to drive multi-platform selling.
- Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development.
- Drive new business development on all platforms, including over the air, digital, mobile and unique sponsorships.
Partner with content to develop local saleable products and services.
- Oversee and support national sales with CoxReps and CMG. Provide key selling tools to drive national sales results.
- Assess account executives by monitoring sales techniques and results. Communicate clear expectations and hold accountable.
- Mentor, train and grow sales managers. Create a leadership program for each sales manager by using the techniques of Talent Focused Management and CMG training resources.
- Oversee the day-to-day systems and procedures within the sales department. This includes monitoring sales activity reports, monitoring focused sales events/initiatives, leading sales meetings, sales department workflow and support; utilize sales industry tools and action plans by area and personnel.
- Maintain strong relationship with internal partners/departments to keep sales support moving in a positive direction while increasing productivity.
- Identify and evaluate vendors to provide the best suite of products.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings as a forum to share information, motivate and train staff, and provide teambuilding opportunities.
- Set clear goals by salesperson and communicate goals effectively.
- Track sales progress and change accordingly as needed.
Oversee presentations to make sure they achieve the goal of the client and platform.
- Lead by example—be a positive and professional role model with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for inventory management and yield management pricing.
- Work closely with research to provide marketing tools to drive sales results.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years media sales management experience – preferably in broadcast; experience driving regional and national business.
- Strong communication skills with a mathematical, and analytical focus.
- Must be able to work in a changing, high-pressure environment with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong selling skills with a creative and positive attitude.
Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Wide Orbit, Media Monitors.
- Willingness and ability to join community and business organizations to enhance the image and recognition of Cox Media group Boston WFXT – TV in the marketplace.
An equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Critical Success Factors:
Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy: Establishing a plan to achieve the unit’s objectives, taking into consideration overall business and sales goals, market opportunities, past sales results, and available resources; reviewing progress and adjusting the plan as needed.
Driving Sales Execution: Vividly communicating a new sales approach or strategy in a way that helps others realize its value; encouraging others to share ideas to maximize the benefits of the change; addressing concerns constructively and using appropriate strategies to gain commitment to action.
Building the Sales Team: Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals; evaluating key strengths and development needs for the team and providing learning opportunities that enable associates to realize their potential.
Customer Focus (Internal and External): Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Gaining Commitment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
Innovation and Risk-Taking: Generating innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Project Management: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
Formal Presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience
THIS POSITION COMES WITH HEALTH, VISION AND DENTAL BENEFITS ON DAY 1, 401K AFTER 90 DAYS, FLEXIBLE PTO, 8 PAID HOLIDAYS AND A COLLABORATIVE TEAM ENVIRONMENT THAT IS UNMATCHED!
To apply for this job please visit cmg.jobs.net.