CBS Sports Chairman To Keynote NATPE Virtual: The Business Of Live Sports
The National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) today announced that Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports, will deliver the opening keynote at NATPE Virtual: The Business of Live Sports. The new, three-hour event will be free, on March 23.
Topics slated to be covered include the promotion of live sports, the distribution of live sports to streaming fans, the changing playing field of sport sponsorship, the power of pay per view, as well as the rise of sports gambling, international fandom, local broadcasters, and sports, and more.
Additional executives taking the stage, with more to be announced at the virtual event include:
- Wyatt Hicks, the managing director of digital media at NASCAR and Miheer Walavalkar, the CEO of LiveLike, discussing ways of engaging fans around live sports in 2021.
- Jennifer Storms, chief marketing officer, entertainment and sports at NBCUniversal,speaking on her promoting live sports viewership.
- Ray Warren, president, Telemundo Deportes, who will join a panel of other programmers and streaming service providers, who discuss the benefits of distributing live sports to streaming fans everywhere.
- Julian Mintz, head of West and Central brand sales at Roku,and John Stainer, managing director, North America, Nielsen Sports, in separate conversations will discuss trends in where the money is flowing in live sports.
- Gavin Bridge, senior media analyst at Variety, presenting a case study about Variety Sports’ new TV formula.
NATPE’s President-CEO JP Bommel, said: “The importance of live sports as a key element to broadcast and advertising revenues worldwide makes this new NATPE Virtual event focused on the Business of Live Sports extremely timely and relevant. It is spot on our mission to deliver business intelligence, connectivity and opportunity through a series of high-level of keynote speakers and topics.”
To register, go to https://www.natpe.com/sports/attend/
The Business of Live Sports is the next of a string of events being produced through NATPE Virtual, which powered NATPE Miami. The next event in the calendar is NATPE News, which will take place on April 20.
March 9, 2021 at 8:28 am
CBS does a great job with sports!!!