IBC 2022: VIVE Mars CamTrack Integrates Aximmetry Software
HTC VIVE’s Mars CamTrack is partnering with Aximmetry to “make live broadcast easier than ever before,” by combining VIVE’s hardware and Aximmetry’s software to “create an outstanding package for virtual production,” VIVE said in a statement. The new partnership will be on display at IBC in Amsterdam, from 9 – 12 September, in Hall 8, stand A91.
VIVE Mars CamTrack is described the company as “a turnkey virtual production product consolidating the entire multi-camera tracking workflow into a compact, plug-and-play module with professional-grade features.” Recently VIVE Mars CamTrack added direct support for the FreeD protocol, in addition to Unreal Engine’s Live Link, the company said.
Aximmetry focuses on democratizing real-time graphics rendering for broadcast and entertainment, with features that include Chroma Keyer and Unreal Engine integration. Aximmetry’s software acts as a “studio glue,” VIVE’s statement said, in virtual productions providing high level of interactivity and real-time control even in complicated scenes.
“VIVE Mars Camtrack is excited to join forces with Aximmetry as we continue to push the boundaries of virtual production,” said Raymond Pao, SVP Business Solutions at HTC VIVE. “Virtual production has never been easier, with Aximmetry’s simple-to-use but feature-rich software, and VIVE Mars Camtrack combining to deliver a compact and powerful experience. The era of advanced production being limited to those with big budgets is over, now a virtual production setup can fit into a backpack and deliver professional-grade results.”
“We are thrilled that we can truly fulfill Aximmetry’s pledge to make virtual production accessible to everybody regardless of the size of their budget by joining the ranks with VIVE Mars CamTrack. It is very exciting that such a widely popular VR platform as HTC VIVE has committed to becoming a serious player in the broadcast market. The time has come to offer the means for the entire virtual production workflow in one affordable package to all. Aximmetry is very proud to be part of this venture.” said Zsolt Peter, Aximmetry CEO.
VIVE Mars CamTrack simplifies virtual production setup, thus reducing overall production time and expense. By leveraging sub-millimeter precision lighthouse tracking technology, VIVE Mars CamTrack shrinks a complicated workflow into a compact box, delivering a simple, accurate camera-tracking solution, the company said.
VIVE said the Mars CamTrack includes the following highlight features:
- Multi-cam tracking, with support for up to three cameras
- Highly accurate tracking with VIVE Tracker
- Automated calibration for camera offset and lens distortion
- Lens encoder compatibility, allowing filmmakers to change the depth of field as they would on a traditional camera
- Plug and play compatibility, with no additional software required
- One-click origin reset
- Genlock synced to UE LiveLink, offering synchronized output between real and virtual actors
- Robust wiring to reduce latency
- Superior quality live compositing including light wrap, reflections, shadows of the talent, visual interactions of virtual and real elements
- Industry standard Aximmetry Chroma Keyer
- Advanced XR Solution
- Studio “glue” holding the virtual broadcast production together by easy interfacing of a multitude of hardware