Balloting Opens For 2021 Women In Technology Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for TVNewsCheck’s 2021 Women in Technology Awards.
Presented each year at the National Association of Broadcasters convention, the Women in Technology Awards occur in three categories.
The Women in Technology Leadership Award recognizes women who have contributed significantly toward advancing the media and entertainment industry technologically.
The Women in Technology Futurist Award recognizes women who have pioneered new technologies or significantly influenced the development of new media and entertainment industry technology.
The Technology Women to Watch Award shines a spotlight on women in media and entertainment who show significant promise of advancing their industry technologically.
To nominate yourself or a colleague for a 2021 award, please download ballots here.
All three awards support the National Association of Broadcasters Leadership Foundation’s Technology Apprenticeship Program, (http://www.nabef.org/tap/) which provides engineering and technology training and industry internships to upper college students in order to build a stronger and diverse future for broadcasting.
The 2021 Women in Technology Awards Presentation Ceremony & Cocktail Reception will take place during the NAB Show, set to take place in Las Vegas Oct. 9-13, 2021.
The 2020 Women in Technology Awards Presentation took place live online and featured the honorees in a “Predictions for 2021” panel session. Watch the Awards Presentation and panel here. https://vimeo.com/470400930
Learn more about the 2020 honorees here in the program. https://issuu.com/newscheckmedia/docs/tvn2020_women_in_technology
Learn more about the Women in Technology Awards program here.
Register to attend the 2021 Awards Presentation Ceremony here.
Past winners of the Women in Technology Leadership Award:
- Darcy Antonellis, now CEO, Vubiquity
- Andrea Berry, now SVP/GM, Broadcast and Television, RPG/VER
- Wendy Aylsworth, now president, Ultraviolet and CEO, Walden Pond
- Renu Thomas, now Advanced Leadership Initiative Fellow, Harvard University
- Cindy Hutter Cavell, senior engineer and practice manager, Cavell Mertz & Associates
- Michelle Munson, now founder and CEO, Eluvio
- Glodina Connan-Lostanlen, now chief sales officer, Imagine Communications
- Diane Tryneski, then EVP of technology and chief digital officer for HBO
- Tish Graham, VP broadcast technology, ABC Owned Stations
Past Recipients of the Women in Technology Futurist Award:
- Abby Auerbach, EVP and chief communications officer, Television Bureau of Advertising
- Madeleine Noland, now president, Advanced Television Systems Committee
- Janet Gardner, president, Perspective Media Group
- Jade Kurian, president & co-founder, latakoo
Past Winners of the Technology Women to Watch Award:
- Alison Neplokh, now VP innovation & strategy, NAB
- Tania Paz, VP distribution operations, NBCU
- Ann Marie Rohaly, director, accessibility policy and standards, Microsoft Corporate Accessibility Group
- Sara Kudrle, now director of marketing, PESA
- Jennifer Leung, now VP Innovation Labs, AppDynamics
- Yvonne Thomas, now strategic technologist, Digital TV Group
- Deb Adeogba, now senior media experience manager, Microsoft
- Jaclyn Pytlarz, senior engineer, applied vision science, Dolby Labs
- Larissa Görner, director, product management, advanced technology, Grass Valley
- Deb Grivois, director of engineering, WLWT-TV Cincinnati.
- Sally Hattori, executive director, advanced technology, Walt Disney Studios
- Kate Ketcham, director, Media Composer product management, Avid