Matrox Intros HD-SDI Scan Converter With Genlock
Matrox Video Products Group has introduced Matrox Convert DVI Plus, an SD/HD SDI scan converter priced at $1,495. Matrox Convert DVI Plus lets broadcasters take the computer-based content that is quickly becoming a key part of the nightly news to air. It’s designed for creating broadcast video from computer applications such as Skype, YouTube, Google Earth, video games, and Web browser sessions, as well as citizen journalists’ mobile phone videos.
Matrox Convert DVI Plus will also drive projectors and large displays at live events and in houses of worship.
Last year’s introduction of Matrox Convert DVI was an award winner at both NAB and IBC. Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior director of sales and marketing, said: “For 2011 we’ve taken the product line a step further with Matrox Convert DVI Plus that features the most-requested enhancements including more comprehensive region-of-interest support and background color selection capability to facilitate downstream keying applications.”
Matrox Convert DVI Plus controls are provided via an intuitive PC-based graphical user interface which can include a live preview pane for scaling and positioning in context. By dragging a mouse, rather than using buttons on the unit itself, you can choose to output the entire screen or a region-of-interest of any size. Premium features such as a flicker reduction filter, customizable presets with user-assignable hotkeys, password protection, SD pixel aspect ratio compensation, and a stand-alone mode ensure optimal flexibility for many different applications.
Key features of Matrox Convert DVI Plus include:
- DVI-D input up to 1920 x 1200
- Digital outputs: HD/SD SDI
- Analog outputs: HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite
- SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level genlock with timing offset controls
- Simultaneous analog and digital video output
- Stereo audio input can be embedded into the SDI output signal
- Realtime hardware upscaling and downscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
- Region-of-interest support including scaling, positioning, and panning with realtime output update
- Background color selection including super black and super white for downstream keying applications
- Can operate as a stand-alone appliance
- Advanced features such as an anti-flicker filter, customizable presets, password protection, and SD pixel aspect ratio compensation
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Matrox Convert DVI Plus, priced at $1,495 (£1049, €1299) not including local taxes, will be available in March through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.
Registration is now open for two identical sessions of the Matrox Convert DVI Plus webinar that will be held Feb. 10. The webinar will include a comprehensive product demonstration and tips and tricks to help attendees make the most of computer-based content in broadcast and live event applications.