On The NAB Exhibit Floor: IMT & Vislink
IMT & Vislink | Booth C8008 | Website: www.xgtechnology.com
xG Technology, a provider of wireless video solutions to broadcast, law enforcement and defense markets, and private mobile broadband networks for critical communications, announced that its Integrated Microwave Technologies and Vislink businesses will be jointly showcasing a wide array of products and solutions.
George Schmitt, executive chairman-CEO of xG Technology, said: “Since completing the acquisition of Vislink last month, we have begun to aggressively drive the integration of their operations. The joint appearance of IMT and Vislink at NAB 2017 underscores this commitment. The impressive synergies between their product lines allows them to offer a wider and richer set of capabilities than previously available to customers in broadcast and media, as well as in law enforcement, public safety and defense markets.”
“We are excited to be showcasing our expanded product offerings at the premier gathering of broadcast media and entertainment professionals,” says John Payne IV, president of IMT USA. “The synergy of IMT and Vislink allows us to offer best-in-class solutions for collecting and delivering secure, high-quality video from live news, sports and entertainment events.”
Mike Payne, president of Newsnet, a newly created group within IMT focused on the next generation of IP newsgathering solutions, says, “All of us at Vislink are excited to combine our collective resources with IMT to solidify ourselves as leaders within the broadcast and law enforcement markets. The future is tremendously bright as we develop new IP wireless systems, extending studio networks seamlessly into the field.”
Among the key products IMT and Vislink will be presenting at NAB 2017 include:
- Vislink UltraLite, the world’s first end-to-end wireless 4K UHD live video solution.
- IMT DragonFly, a highly-miniaturized wireless video transmission system.
- IMT Nulinx-IP Compact, a self-contained, point-to-point bi-directional microwave link that supports current ATSC 1.0 and future ATSC 3.0 standards.
- Vislink Newsnet, a revolutionary approach to ENG operations that brings studio workflows directly to the field.
- Vislink ViewBack, a lightweight, low power, low latency, dual channel diversity receiver-decoder that enables quicker production, more efficient editing, and more effective collaboration between camera operators and studio teams.
- Vislink SatWare, a high-performance embedded computing and routing system designed to provide enhance capability and simplified use of broadcast equipment in the field.
To see all of TVNewsCheck’s 2017 NAB Show coverage, click here.