Among them, Steven Marks, the current co-COO of Sinclair Television Group becomes EVP-COO, of the group and will assume direct oversight for all TV station operations. Also, Steven Pruett the other current TV Group co-COO, will be EVP-chief TV development officer, responsible for developing new business models.
Sinclair Announces More Executive Changes
Sinclair Broadcast Group today made a number of changes in its executive ranks. They follow the announcement on Nov. 2 of executive moves to take effect Jan. 1, 2017, that included David Smith moving from chairman, president and chief executive officer to executive chairman, to will be succeeded as president-CEO by Chris Ripley, the current CFO, while Lucy Rutishauser moves up to CFO.
Today’s changes will also become effective Jan. 1, 2017:
- David Amy from EVP-COO to vice chairman. He will have oversight for human resources, corporate marketing and the networks group.
- Barry Faber from EVP-general counsel to EVP, general counsel, distribution and network relations. He will be responsible for overseeing distribution and network partner relationships.
- Steven Pruett from Co-COO, Sinclair Television Group to EVP-chief TV development officer. He will be responsible for developing new business models.
- Steven Marks from Co-COO, Sinclair Television Group to EVP-COO, Sinclair Television Group. He will assume direct oversight for all TV station operations.
- Robert Malandra from SVP television finance to SVP advanced revenue development and analytics. He will be responsible for revenue analytics and revenue initiative implementations.
- William Butler, SVP promotions and corporate marketing, will be retiring March 2, 2017, at which time the promotions department will be headed by Dana Feldman, VP promotions.
“The announced changes are part of our broader plan to better align the organization in a changing media landscape and focus our resources and management teams in critical competitive and growth areas,” said Ripley, who was recently named president-CEO. “Each person brings strategic strength to their respective area, and we are confident in their ability to help us navigate and drive the business as we head into these transformative years.”