Estrella Expands Lineup With New Shows, Concerts
Following the launch of new shows earlier this year, Liberman Broadcasting Inc. (LBI Media) today introduced four new shows to its EstrellaTV’s programming line-up.
“As we kick off our new fall season, EstrellaTV has a series of returning favorites, as well as an impressive roster of brand new shows and specials, that is sure to resonate with Hispanic communities across the nation,” said Lenard Liberman, LBI CEO-president. “During the course of 2010, the network recently celebrated its one-year anniversary, became Nielsen-rated, experienced significant ratings successes over Telemundo and Telefutura in primetime, held its inaugural Upfronts, expanded its reach and garnered the attention of Hispanic audiences and advertisers seeking a fresh approach to Hispanic entertainment. The addition of these compelling shows speaks to the strength of EstrellaTV’s value proposition and is a great finish to the year.”
The new shows:
- El Humor de Hector Suarez — Already known to many as a judge on Tengo Talento, Mucho Talento and as a Mexican actor and comedian, Hector Suárez is starring in his own weekly comedy series that debuted earlier this month. It airs Saturdays from 6 to 7 p.m. ET.
- Estrellitas Del Sabado — This two-hour family entertainment program is hosted by telenovela superstar, Itati Cantoral, who formerly starred in Univision’s Hasta Que el Dinero Nos Separe. It airs Saturdays at 7-9 p.m. ET. Estrellitas Del Sabado provides an opportunity for children ages 12 and under to showcase their talents. In addition, the program features comedy sketches, hilarious games for both parents and children, and an in-the-street segment reminiscent of the “Kids Say the Darndest Things” series.
- El Shaka — Drama, intrigue and suspense are the ingredients of this drama that debuted on Oct. 25 and is subsequently airing Mondays and Thursdays at 8-9 p.m. ET. Shot entirely on location in Mexico, the series examines the mysterious and dangerous world of Mexican drug cartels by following the trials and tribulations of Mexico’s biggest and most notorious drug lord and show how he balances family, friends, religion and his job.
- Quiero Triunfar — This reality series made its appearance on EstrellaTV on Oct. 27. Hosted by novela star Francisco Gattorno as a “life coach,” the show will strive to help Latin immigrants get their lives back on track or give them the option of returning to their home country.
The network will feature a series of concert specials from October through December. All of the concerts are taped live:
- Friday, Oct. 15 (7-9 p.m. ET): Tierra Caliente
- Friday, Oct. 22 (7-9 p.m. ET): Banda El Recodo
- Friday, Oct. 29 (7-9 p.m. ET): Jenni Rivera
- Friday, Nov. 5 (7-9 p.m. ET): Pedro Fernandez
- Thursday, Nov. 11 (7-9 p.m. ET): Roberto Tapia & Larry Hernandez
- Friday, Nov. 12 (7-9 p.m. ET): Ramon Ayala
- Friday, Nov. 19 (7-9 p.m. ET): Bronco & Los Yunics