Scott Pelley, Bob Schieffer, Charlie Rose and Norah O’Donnell to lead CBS News’division-wide, multi-platform coverage of the 2012 Republican and Democratic national conventions.
CBS Evening News Anchor and Managing Editor Scott Pelley, CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent and Face the Nation Anchor Bob Schieffer and CBS This Morning co-hosts Charlie Rose and Norah O’Donnell will lead CBS News’ division-wide coverage of the Republican National Convention and the Democratic National Convention.
The following is an overview of CBS News’ planned convention coverage:
- Scott Pelley will anchor three hours of live, primetime coverage from the Republican Convention in Tampa, Fla., Aug. 28-30 (10-11 p.m. ET) and three hours of live coverage from the Democratic Convention in Charlotte, N.C., Sept. 4-6 (10-11 p.m. ET). Joining Pelley will be Bob Schieffer and Norah O’Donnell. Additionally, CBS News Correspondent Bill Whitaker will report from the convention floor in Tampa; CBS News Chief National Correspondent Byron Pitts will report from the convention floor in Charlotte; CBS News Political and Chief Legal Correspondent Jan Crawford will travel to Tampa with GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney; and Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes will travel to Charlotte with President Barack Obama. CBS News Senior White House Correspondent Bill Plante and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson will contribute to the coverage.
- The CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley will broadcast live from both conventions Monday-Thursday (6:30-7 p.m. ET).
- Charlie Rose will co-host CBS This Morning live from both conventions Tuesday-Thursday (7-9 a.m. ET). Gayle King will co-host from New York.
- Face the Nation with Bob Schieffer will broadcast live from Tampa on Sunday, Aug. 26 and from Charlotte on Sunday, Sept. 2 (10:30 a.m. ET).
- CBS Radio News’ coverage will include live updates each night of the conventions, live anchored and unanchored feeds of all major events, the Republican and Democratic acceptance speeches, as well as other reports and features for CBS Radio News affiliates’ websites. CBS Radio News will also stream live, gavel-to-gavel coverage on its iPhone app.
- CBSNews.com will stream gavel-to-gavel coverage, as well as pre- and post-broadcast webcasts, from the Republican Convention on Tuesday, Aug. 28-Thursday, Aug. 30 (8:30 p.m. ET and 11 p..m. ET) and the Democratic Convention on Tuesday, Sept. 4-Thursday, Sept. 6 (8:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET). CBSNews.com’s coverage will also include additional reporting, on-demand video and comprehensive social media coverage of all events.
- CBS News, National Journal and The Atlantic will present daily briefing events each morning featuring informed insight on the latest convention developments with incisive analysis from leading reporters from all three organizations. Among the moderators are Bob Schieffer, Norah O’Donnell, Bill Plante and John Dickerson. CBSNews.com will live stream the events.