Website Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group has three opportunities for a VP & Market Manager in Tulsa, Houston, and Orlando!
Reporting to the Executive Vice President/Head of Radio, the Vice President/Market Manager will provide leadership in the planning, organizing, and managing of all station related issues.
This role will be responsible for continually improving service to the many customer bases and maintaining an engaging, diverse, and inclusive work environment while achieving optimum market performance, revenue, ratings, market share, and cashflow budgets, while upholding the core values of the company.
Ideally, the candidate will have a track record of success in a matrixed and collaborative organization amidst a complex and changing business environment along with a proven track record of success in managing talented leaders, growing revenues, growing ratings, controlling expenses, driving profit in an engaging highly accountable workplace.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Operates a market strategy that achieves EBITDA, revenue, expense, and ratings budgets.
- Leads the execution of a growth-driven sales strategy.
- Oversees all station departments including sales, content, promotions, engineering, production, and community affairs.
- Creates a clear vision and strategy for the stations and the market that provides all team members with a blueprint that will lead to improved results for the business.
- Drives results by developing and executing on the station’s strategic and operating plans, achieves EBITDA goals consistent with the organization’s financial and operating guidelines.
- Leads execution of CMG playbook to drive optimal performance in revenue and ratings.
- Develops and leads an engaging workplace culture that includes a set of core values that all team members embrace so accountability is clear throughout the market.
- Recruits, develops, and retains a strong leadership team; provides guidance and coaching to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth.
- Brings an innovative approach to established and proven radio operating models, including events and non-traditional revenue, resulting in improved efficiencies and business unit growth.
- Leads a market digital strategy that drives growth: digital revenue and audience engagement.
- Forecasts market trends and sets budgets and performance expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining the station’s reputation and market image.
- Creates and maintains relationships with advertisers and potential advertisers.
- Identifies strategic opportunities to involve the market stations in community events and public affairs.
- Ensures the station is in compliance with all equal employment opportunity (EEO) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications/Media/Broadcasting or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive radio or related media management experience in sales, content, and/or general management with demonstrated proficiency in various leadership roles.
- Must have leadership experience in the broadcasting industry.
- Prior experience as a radio station General Manager is preferred.
- Working knowledge in content, digital content, research, sales, digital sales, promotions, production and office support operations programming, sales, marketing, production.
- Results oriented, with a high bias for action and a strong sense of ownership/accountability.
- Experience working in a high-change environment, directing large, diverse and dispersed teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance.
- Excellent community relations, interpersonal and leadership skills with a strong executive presence.
- Proven ability to attract/hire, develop and retain high caliber talent to ensure deep bench strength in key areas of business.
Proven track record of delivering revenue and/or cashflow budgets.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU: WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT CMG
CMG is an industry-leading media company with dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people – and you could be one of them! We are a start-up built on a 100-year history of blazing trails in the world of media. Over that time, our skilled journalists and storytellers have covered war and peace, tragedies and celebrations, small moments, and global movements. We are relying on our longstanding experience and entrepreneurial mentality to build a media company that is modern, agile, and uniquely positioned for the future.
CMG provides valuable local and national journalism and entertainment content to the people and communities it serves. The company’s businesses include 14 high-quality, market-leading television brands in 9 markets; 54 top-performing radio stations delivering multiple genres of content in 11 markets; a Washington, DC news bureau; and numerous streaming and digital platforms. CMG’s TV portfolio includes multiple primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Telemundo and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations.
We offer rewarding and challenging careers that encourage growth and development. We take care of our people with industry-leading total rewards offerings that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and accident insurance as well as, a best-in-class wellness program, 401(k) matching and time-off programs.
We promote the safety and well-being of our employees by requiring that all newly hired CMG employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
If this description fits and CMG sounds like a company you want to work for, we’d love to have you join us. Apply today!
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit cmg.jobs.net.