Website KCCI TV
KCCI-TV, the Hearst-owned CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. Join the award-winning team and Iowa’s News Leader.
Des Moines is listed as the 14th best place to live according to U.S. News and World Report. Housing prices in Des Moines proper are well below the national median. Elegant Colonial and Tudor-style homes built in the early 1900s hide in quiet neighborhoods minutes from buzzy downtown, where lofts and condos draw the millennial crowd. Many families with kids flock to the suburbs where new housing developments continually pop up. And there’s plenty to do and see in Des Moines. Cultural events and festivals draw all ages to the downtown area. One-of-a-kind shops, locally owned restaurants and hip bars enliven entertainment districts. And plenty of bike trails and parks (and even a few lakes) provide opportunities for outdoor recreation.
The person in this role maintains the station’s equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution.
This position provides technical and IT support for all station efforts.
Make your efforts count for something! We support our community with timely information, local business growth and entertaining programming. Des Moines is frequently listed as one of the best places to live in the US.
- This employee will maintain the following:
- News-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- IT systems and associated hardware and software. This includes infrastructure and end user support.
- Production equipment including robotic cameras, computer automated production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather systems, audio consoles, and other gear used in production.
- VHF Solid State Transmitter site, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to plan and execute equipment installation, research/design, and detailed documentation of work.
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
- Networking support of various LAN/WAN devices and systems.
- In depth knowledge of video production/television systems.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members.
- Must possess a positive attitude and driven by successful problem solving.
- Flexible to various work shifts and days off as assigned.
- Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
- Valid driver’s license: Position may require some travel with the SNG truck for live remotes. CDL not required.
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician at a commercial television station or in a position of troubleshooting a wide variety of specialized electronic equipment. This, or 2+years of experience in a related military occupation specialty.
Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.