WXIN FOX 59 & WTTV CBS 4 are the Nexstar owned Fox /CBS duopoly in Indianapolis.
Indianapolis, Indiana is about a couple hundred miles south of Chicago and about a hundred miles northeast of Cincinnati. Indianapolis’ lively downtown is easily walkable. With so many things to do, Indianapolis allows its residents to experience big-city living without too much effort. The metro area includes an array of neighborhoods and suburbs, and many offer their own shopping and entertainment venues. Even so, suburbanites still venture downtown for its shops, theaters and restaurants. A few miles northeast of downtown, Eagle Creek Park’s more than 3,900 acres of land and 1,400 acres of water host many community-based clubs for activities like sailing, rowing and shooting.
We are the market news leader with over 90 hours a week of news.
We are also the dominant sports stations and Exclusive Broadcast Partner of the Indianapolis Colts.
Our team is looking for a dynamic Marketing Director who can “take the hill” and lead the promotional efforts of this powerhouse duo.
If you are an experienced Marketing/Creative Services Director who can generate and execute powerful and memorable marketing, messaging and branding you are an ideal candidate.
If you understand the value of community engagement, how it is an essential component of the marketing plan, and can identify and aggressively activate opportunities, then you may be a great fit for this position
If you are an aggressive, sharp, strategic leader and a no-boundaries thinker who can create visually compelling images and write a form of storytelling that is both memorable and emotional then we are looking for you.
The optimum candidate must have a proven and highly successful track record for developing engaging, cut-through-the clutter campaigns across all platforms.
A true passion for their craft and an innate ability to develop compelling branding campaigns for our stations and digital products are the key traits for a successful candidate
- Oversee, manage and lead our marketing and promotion department.
- Work closely as a collaborative team leader with the GM, news department and sales department and local production team on all forms of promotion, image campaigns, station events, profitable events, corporate initiatives, sales production and community affairs and client-sponsored programs.
- Oversee all public relations activities and develop working relationships with other local media including newspapers, social media coverage and radio stations.
- Work directly with station’s media buyer to execute media plans within budgetary limits and have innovative ideas on how to effectively use all forms of outside media and all social platforms to promote and enhance our news content and news talent throughout the fiscal year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, mass communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in media marketing & promotion.
- Leadership experience in guiding, directing, coaching, developing and motivating team members, including establishing performance standards and monitoring work effort and performance.
- Have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be extremely detail oriented and organized and a positive force within the station.
- If you like creating engaging marketing promotions and clear effective brands while working in an environment where success is the goal and getting there is the greatest source of fulfillment, then this may be the position for you.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.