Website Nexstar Broadcast Group
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is looking for a Vice President/General Manager to lead our media properties in Raleigh, North Carolina-Market #27, including WNCN (CBS) and the digital operations based there. The station is a strong community partner and our award-winning news team has made a name for itself as a news leader with its commitment to local investigations and community news.
Raleigh is the capital city of North Carolina, and along with neighboring Durham and Chapel Hill, make up an area known as the Research Triangle – which includes multiple colleges and universities know for research and technology…as well as rivalries. The market also includes the world’s largest military base-Ft. Bragg. U.S. News & World Report ranks the area in the top 10 places to live in the United States. Forbes Magazine named it #2 in its Best Places for Business and Careers survey, and #5 in its job growth survey.
Here’s what you need to get the job done:
· Minimum of five years of experience as a successful general manager for a commercial broadcast station
· Vision to oversee development of the station’s digital and mobile platforms including CBS17.com, one of the top visited broadcast websites in the market.
· Demonstrate a hallmark of accomplishments in leading sales driven organizations and developing revenue across multiple platforms, as well as providing leadership by developing department heads and promoting teamwork within all station departments.
· Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line
· Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential. We are looking for a stakeholder, someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to make a positive impact on the community.
If you are driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic, as well as a commitment towards creative, successful revenue generation and engaged in serving the community, then apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar’s current portfolio and pro forma acquisitions include 197 television stations and over 100 community portal websites located in 40 states, reaching 63% of US television households.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.