NATPE Announces Iris Award Winners
National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE), the premier global business association for content producers, distributors, streamers and buyers across all platforms, today announced the recipients for the 2022 Iris Awards.
The ceremony will take place as part of NATPE Miami (Jan. 18-20), live and in-person on Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022. Hosted by Soledad O’Brien (journalist and CEO of Soledad O’Brien Productions), the luncheon event will cap off a full slate of programming dedicated to topics concerning the station group community.
This year’s Iris Awards and honorees are:
- Lew Klein Award for Leadership: Valari Staab, president, NBCUniversal Local
- NATPE Chairman Award for Lifetime Achievement: Emerson Coleman, senior vice president, programming, Hearst Television
- Award for Excellence, Global Content and Branding: Wolf Entertainment (the creator of the Law & Order, Chicagoand FBI brands)
- Award for Excellence, Television Performer: Tamron Hall (host and executive producer of the Tamron Hall Show, produced by ABC News and syndicated by Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution)
- NATPE Enterprise Award: Alex Paen, founder & president, Telco Productions
- Award for Excellence, Television Program, Special or Series: Inside Edition, (produced and distributed by CBS Media Ventures)
NATPE’s Iris Awards were created to recognize best-in-class executives, program producers, creators, talent and content that makes a significant impact on the industry and our culture. In 2021 the organization once again honors a select group that demonstrates excellence in the world of the broadcasting industry. The awards luncheon will take place as part of NATPE’s Station Group Summit, a yearly fixture that takes place within the overall NATPE Miami event. Session programming for the Station Group Summit, including keynotes from leaders in the industry, will be released in the coming month.
Also in attendance to present, or accept the awards are:
- Deborah Norville (anchor of Inside Edition)
- Zeeko Zaki (star of Wolf Entertainment/Universal Television’s CBS series FBI)
- Elliot Wolf (EVP digital for Wolf Entertainment)
More presenters will be confirmed shortly.
JP Bommel, NATPE president-CEO, said: “The station group community is an essential part of NATPE and as we continue to have important conversations about the shifts happening in the local content industry, it is essential that we spotlight the leaders of broadcast and syndicated television. The extraordinary talent and influential content and companies recognized at the Iris Awards this year are indicative of the vibrant event we expect from the Station Group Summit overall.”
NATPE Announces Iris Award Winners
The National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) has announced the recipients for the 2021 Iris Awards. Magicians, entertainers, and scientific skeptics Penn & Teller (Penn & Teller: Fool Us) will serve as hosts.
The ceremony will take place as part of NATPE Virtual Miami on Thursday, Jan. 21, at 1 p.m. ET. This year’s Iris Award honorees are:
- Award for Excellence in Performance: Kelly Clarkson, award winning entertainer and host of The Kelly Clarkson Show
- Lew Klein Award for Leadership: Jordan Wertlieb, President of Hearst Television
- Award for Career Achievement: Kevin Frazier, host of five-time Emmy Award-winning Entertainment Tonight
- Award for Excellence in Programming: Entertainment Tonight
NATPE’s Iris Awards were created to recognize best-in-class executives, program producers, creators, talent and importantly content that makes a significant impact on the industry and our culture. In 2021 the organization once again honors a very select group who demonstrate excellence in the world of the broadcasting industry.
JP Bommel, NATPE president-CEO, said: “I am thrilled to announce that the iconic IRIS Awards are back for the second year during NATPE Virtual Miami 2021. In these extraordinary times, this year’s recipients represent the best in television locally, nationally and globally with franchises that expand around the Globe”
The conference portion of NATPE Miami Virtual will take place Jan. 19-22, with the Marketplace open Jan. 19-29. For more details on the executives speaking and for a look at the programming agenda, click here.