Univision’s Multiplatform ‘Vota Conmigo’ Aims To Energize, Empower U.S. Latino Voters
Univision Communications today announced the return of Vota Conmigo (Vote With Me), the non-partisan multiplatform campaign aimed at motivating every eligible Hispanic citizen to register and cast their vote. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vota Conmigo will focus on digital voter registration tools and regional vote-by-mail options as the 2020 Presidential Election draws closer. Univision will emphasize the importance of these options –through a series of Vota Conmigo PSAs, virtual phone banks, townhalls and special programming on Univision’s networks, local television and radio stations, and digital properties dedicated to emphasizing the importance of making every voice count.
The Vota Conmigo program will also feature a multiplatform roadblock that will air on all Univision platforms in the same format every two weeks until Election Day, with special emphasis in September and October. These roadblocks will include the support of external partners, including Mi Familia Vota, Voto Latino, Poder LatinX, Hispanic Federation, Vote Early Day, National Voter Registration Day, National Hispanic Media Coalition and others.
The Vota Conmigo landing page on Univision.com includes localized landing pages for every state and includes regional toolkits with key information on how to register to vote, how to vote, and where to vote. Animated videos on Univision.com/VotaConmigo will explain to consumers how they can register to vote, the importance of Presidential and local elections, what’s at stake during this election and also will provide a detailed walk-through of the vote-by-mail process.
“With an estimated 32 million eligible Latino voters ready to cast their ballots in November, we are proud to relaunch our Vota Conmigo campaign to inspire our community and reinforce the importance of voting to make lasting change in our country,” said Ron Estrada, Univision SVP, head of government relations and corporate social responsibility. “As cities and states across the country continue to follow social distancing guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vota Conmigo will emphasize the availability of digital voter registration tools and vote-by-mail options, ensuring that all eligible Latino voters can exercise their right to make their voices heard from the White House to the halls of local governments nationwide.”
Univision’s national campaign will air across the Univision networks with special features, including:
- Univision on-air personalities casting a ballot in the U.S. for the first time this year will take viewers on their journey as part of the My First Time Voting series that will run on Despierta América.
- Dedicated get-out-the-vote segments across Univision’s network programs highlighting voter registration tools, vote-by-mail processes throughout election season.
- PSAs starring Univision’s network personalities Carlos Calderon, Tony Dandrades, Lindsay Casinelli and Arantxa Lozaiga.
- Virtual phone banks with experts from across the country to answer viewer questions about voter registration, vote-by-mail and early voting
Univision’s local affiliate stations will also bring the Vota Conmigo campaign to life in their communities with:
- Virtual phone banks on voter registration in partnership with Hispanic Federation from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14, in all of Univision’s local markets.
- Virtual townhalls with local experts on voter registration and issues unique to each market:
- Univision Fresno will host a virtual townhall with local city council members on Despierta Valle Fresno on Tuesday, July 14, followed by an exclusive interview with the Services, Immigrant Rights & Education Network (SIREN) on Wednesday, July 15.
- Univision New York will host a digital townhall with the Hispanic Federation and Latino Justice on Tuesday, July 14that 3 p.m. ET.
- Univision Arizona will host a voter registration Facebook Live on Tuesday, July 14.
- Univision Miamiwill host a virtual voter registration townhall on Tuesday, July 14, at 3-4 p.m. ET, hosted by anchor Alina Mayo Azze. The townhall will feature interviews with representatives from UnidosUS and the Miami Dade Elections Department.
- Univision Los Angeles will host a virtual townhall on July 14 in partnership with CHIRLA and TODEC on the importance on the importance of voting.
- Univision Sacramento will host a virtual voter registration townhall on July 14 at 7 p.m. PT in partnership with Mi Familia Vota.
- Local PSAs with local on-air talent on voter registration and the importance of making Latino voices count.
Univision’s Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, will support Vota Conmigo through the following on-air initiatives as well as on the Uforia app:
- Weekly radio interviews on register to vote tools, vote-by-mail process, and get out the vote in alignment with the campaign’s timeline prioritizing roadblock dates.
- Fifteen- and 30-second PSAs with national and local radio talents informing the audience about the importance of making their voices count during the presidential election while emphasizing vote-by-mail and early voting process.
- National radio personalities, including Javier Romero and El Bueno, La Mala y El Feo, will announce important dates and remind the audience to register to vote online and request their vote-by-mail ballot at the #VotaConmigo landing page.
- Audio of the voting segments will be repurposed into a podcast for our audience to learn about the impact of the pandemic on the election process.