On The IBC Exhibit Floor: Avid
Avid | Stand 7.B55| https://www.avid.com/
Avid brings new products and technology demonstrations across the IBC Show floor to help enterprises, teams and individuals to maximize efficiency and opportunity in media creation, management and distribution. Further, Avid thought leadership will be present across the event through high-profile customers — including the creative forces behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Dead Pool 2 being featured on IBC’s main stage — as well as Avid executives and technology experts participating on several conference panels exploring the content supply chain, artificial intelligence and advanced graphics.
Avid Innovations Make IBC Debut — Avid is demonstrating for the European media and entertainment community its latest wave of innovative tools, apps, services and solutions for creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises including:
- The next generation, web-based version of MediaCentral, Avid’s industry-leading media production and management platform.
- MediaCentral | Editorial Management, a simple-to-deploy asset management tool that accelerates collaboration among post production and broadcast teams through secure, reliable and easily configured media workflows.
- Avid | On Demand, a SaaS cloud services and solutions platform that provides media production capabilities on demand.
- Avid NEXIS | E5 NL high-density, on-premises nearline storage solution.
- The expanded Avid VENUE | S6L family of live sound systems (shipping this month), with three new control surfaces, a new engine, and two new I/O racks – all on a unified platform.
- The expanded Creative Tools Family, which provides access to Avid’s iconic Pro Tools, Media Composer and Sibelius software for creative individuals at any stage of their career and teams of any size.
- The state-of-the-art Maestro | PowerWall display control and management solution that puts the power of Ultra-high definition graphics into the hands of any television broadcaster.
- The new Maestro | Engine, a next generation real-time graphics and video hardware rendering platform for the Maestro graphics product line. Scaling from HD and 1080P to UHD, and supporting both SDI and Video Over IP interfaces, Maestro | Engine enables broadcasters to produce the highest-quality graphics, virtual studios, augmented reality and video wall content.
“The products Avid is showing today at IBC, and our forward leaning innovation in areas such as IP connectivity, 4K and cloud, have been shaped and prioritized by our customers who are all counting on the vendor community to come together and help them overcome the massive shift impacting every aspect of their business,” said Jeff Rosica, Avid CEO-president. “We’ve accelerated our delivery of open platforms, tools, apps, services and solutions to make it easier for our customers to end disparity among technology in their operations, so they can work faster on smaller budgets, and still thrill and retain viewers on any platform.”
Achieving IP Connectivity to Increase Media Operations Efficiency — Avid continues to work on the industry’s migration to more efficient IP-based workflows for broadcast, post-production and audio, and is driving the industry toward seamless IP connectivity by incorporating support for the latest standards and open source protocols. Avid is showcasing several IP demonstrations at its stand including:
- NewTek NDI (network device interface) output from Media Composer
- Avid Artist | DNxIP for media workflow connectivity supporting SMPTE 2022-6
- Avid FastServe video servers with IP I/O
- The new Maestro L Engine with support for SMPTE 2022-6
- Audio over IP for live sound with the Avid VENUE | S6L using AVB and Dante AoIP protocols from MADI (Multichannel Audio Digital Interface) connectivity
- Audio production facilities using Dante from the Pro Tools | MTRX interface to route audio between studios
- MXF IP live ingest to Media Composer, highlighting growing file support for edit while capture from an ARRI camera with a Nablet MXF plug-in rewrapping to MXF in real time (demoing at the IBC Future Zone)
Avid is also demonstrating IP connectivity with FastServe and Maestro Graphics as part of the Alliance for IP Media Solutions (AIMS) interoperability showcase in rooms E106 and E107.
Additionally, Avid will demonstrate IP output from Media Composer connected to a Cisco IP Fabric for Media at Cisco in Hall 1, Stand A71.
In addition, Avid and Microsoft are presenting the latest technology advancements of their partnership including on-demand offerings — Avid Illuminate On Demand and Shared Library On Demand — as well as highlighting Azure integrations for AI at Microsoft in Hall 1, Stand C27.
Read all of TVNewsCheck’s IBC 2018 news here.